How to disable PS4 "games" updates

Flacito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use Al Azif DNS, I don't have internet at all. So I do not use a DNS, but the problem is now that game tries to update when I open it. How to disable automatic game update? If I let it update, I cant run the pirated games (I'm on 9.00)

White_Raven_X

Hack everything, hack the world!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think the reason it always tries to download is because I never leave my ps4 connected to the internet. But every time I do connect it even though I use al-azif, it tries to get all game updates.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This started happening to me as soon as I changed ISP. Sure, updates cannot be installed but they are still downloaded.
The workaround I'm currently using is simply disabling the internet connection.
Since it cannot be applied in your case, I would suggest blocking these addresses on your modem/router: https://github.com/phoanglong/ps4-dns-block/blob/main/ps4-block
I don't think this is going to work because it's probably what Al Azif DNS does in the first place, but it's worth a quick try.

Reactions: White_Raven_X

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Install host cache, turn off internet, then play any game without updates downloading, reconnect when updating host or using ftp. Make sure downloading software automatically is disabled along with al azif dns enabled. It shouldn't download updates then. If it asks you to update, restart. I don't know how this is done on the ps4, but games on the ps5 only automatically update if they're on the home menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-