Hacking how to delete the 5.55 update file?

D

Deleted User

If its already downloaded,then the only way is to format the harddrive.Thats what I've heard.

King_sparty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue and posted how I did it. I am on 5.05 also.

1.Go into safe mode and select update system software
2.select from internet
3.once it starts hit O to cancel it
4. Reboot and go to notifications
5. Should be able to delete the update now

tonyhhhh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Open FTP server on ps4 connect using fillzilla then go to folder UPDATE then delete the update in that folder.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open FTP server on ps4 connect using fillzilla then go to folder UPDATE then delete the update in that folder.
something im curious about is if you delete the folder called UPDATE what happens because I remember on the wiiu it made it so the system could not download updates at all because it couldn't remake that folder

Another_bug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hey guys, same problem here :wacko:
I've been searching and reading but i do not know what to do (I am not 100% sure)..
My PS4 is under 5.00 - not "jailbroken" - and it has downloaded 5.50 update.
Should i hard reset my ps4 in order to delete it? I wanna run the new 5.05 kernel exploit.

Thanks!

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you have no critical data, just format the hard drive. This definitely works, I’ve done it myself before.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You will have a fresh console. Put the firmware update which matches your console onto a USB stick. You can reinstall from there.

You will lose ALL data but it will also get rid of that 5.55 update.

Reactions: Another_bug

shabbypenguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 5.00 but had downlaoded teh 5.53-1 update without installing it. booting to safe mode and installing 5.05 (300mb one) via usb let me boot to 5.05 and then run the payloads to block updates and remove old ones. no wiping of my console needed.

Xue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm on 5.05 and just deleted the preloaded 5.55 update. I simply set up the exploit with the Al Azif DNS, chose my firmware version and loaded FTP. Used FlashFXP (FTP software) and deleted everything in the update folder, which included eula.xml and some other files. I only deleted the .PUP at first, but my system notifications still showed the 5.55 update install notice, so I deleted everything, which got rid of that notice. So far, no ill effects.

Reactions: -----a

-----a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 5.05 and just deleted the preloaded 5.55 update. I simply set up the exploit with the Al Azif DNS, chose my firmware version and loaded FTP. Used FlashFXP (FTP software) and deleted everything in the update folder, which included eula.xml and some other files. I only deleted the .PUP at first, but my system notifications still showed the 5.55 update install notice, so I deleted everything, which got rid of that notice. So far, no ill effects.
I'll be trying this tomorrow. Hopefully it works!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-