Hacking How to delete failed System Update?

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to ask this, since I've seen this asked before, but I can't find the thread. It's simple: how do you download things like eShop titles and DLC with system updated blocked and NNU patcher activated?

Basically, I'm trying to download something, but the failed System Update is blocking it from progressing. How do I clear it?

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the reason you can't download from the eShop right now is because some of the servers you must block to "disable" (for lack of a better term) system updates are required to access the eShop.

(I believe the term for that would be an "eShop server".)

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, the reason you can't download from the eShop right now is because some of the servers you must block to "disable" (for lack of a better term) system updates are required to access the eShop.

(I believe the term for that would be an "eShop server".)
I feel like I worded it wrong; I know why I can't installed games, I'm just trying to get around it.

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I worded it wrong; I know why I can't installed games, I'm just trying to get around it.
Well, here's question number one: can you access the eShop?

(I'd prefer it if you actually tried to do so right now.)

(If your question is "how do I download and install games with the NUS Grabber", well, you can't, currently.)

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I have Tubehax and another DNS set up to block the updates, and I was using NNUpatcher to access and buy the titles. Then I went to download them, but the failed update was causing the download to not start, even if I selected the Download First option.

@Coc4tm basically answered my question, but I'm not sure how to use that homebrew. Do you just visit the site on your WiiU?

I also just solved the issue, I just disabled the DNS to let it download and then I reenabled it.

Reactions: Deleted User

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, I have Tubehax and another DNS set up to block the updates, and I was using NNUpatcher to access and buy the titles. Then I went to download them, but the failed update was causing the download to not start, even if I selected the Download First option.

@Coc4tm basically answered my question, but I'm not sure how to use that homebrew. Do you just visit the site on your WiiU?

I also just solved the issue, I just disabled the DNS to let it download and then I reenabled it.
Sorry, I completely misunderstood your question. But just so you know, if you're not on 5.5.1 (which you probably are, but whatever), disabling the tubehax DNS is pretty risky...I would recommend you use the update deleter (I'm not sure how - ask Coc4tm).

D

Deleted User

For use the update deleter , just go to the website with your Wii U . If crash , retry. You can also try : http://www.wiiu.pw/hax?removeupdate and http://www.wiiu.pw/hax?removeupdate2

Reactions: 7Robins

7Robins

Bob is watching you.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I completely misunderstood your question. But just so you know, if you're not on 5.5.1 (which you probably are, but whatever), disabling the tubehax DNS is pretty risky...I would recommend you use the update deleter (I'm not sure how - ask Coc4tm).
No problem brother, and yeah, but I checked to make sure am update wasn't out, and it was only disabled for about three minutes. I'll use the remover, but I got impatient. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

For use the update deleter , just go to the website with your Wii U . If crash , retry. You can also try : http://www.wiiu.pw/hax?removeupdate and http://www.wiiu.pw/hax?removeupdate2
Sweet, thanks for the information I'll try it later.

Reactions: Logan Pockrus

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem brother, and yeah, but I checked to make sure am update wasn't out, and it was only disabled for about three minutes. I'll use the remover, but I got impatient. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sweet, thanks for the information I'll try it later.
Hmmmm. Is update deleter in my all in one? I'm not sure. If not, it's time for an update

D

Deleted User

Hmmmm. Is update deleter in my all in one? I'm not sure. If not, it's time for an update
Last I checked, it was available in the libwiiu repo. I looked at the source, and it essentially just pushes the firmware to the GamePad, but because its incomplete, it gets deleted.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you already add an updatedeleter to your package? (Didn't found a note in your changelogs)
No not yet. I was working on the 5.3.2 links and didn't want to update until that was done but I'm getting hung up. Might as well just update with the update remover and the new gecko app

Ankry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Barbados
I am on 5.5.1 and have a failed system update (obviously for 5.5.2) in my download queue.

Is there any way to remove it? The update_deleter links mentioned above don't work on 5.5.1...

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 5.5.1 and have a failed system update (obviously for 5.5.2) in my download queue.

Is there any way to remove it? The update_deleter links mentioned above don't work on 5.5.1...
This is an old thread. You can remove the update by unplugging your Wii U (while it's on). Wait a few minutes then plug it back in and power it on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    tbf I haven't been around on the last pokeflood
    did it happen?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Wasn't it Scarlet and Violet?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Dunno, I stay in the EoF.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    The craze must've had died down by then.
    I'm much more on the killing floor :x
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Imagine that every Pokemon game is the exact same but with slight tweaks.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, I'm not much of a gaymer, more-so a creator.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    @SylverReZ Syl my beloved :bow: gm
    +1
    It is friday
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Last time I played a game was hmmm... can't exactly recall. :wacko:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but...