Hacking How to change YSMenu font?

Jeptioak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using YSMenu on an R4i Gold PRO 2020, which is the yellow one. I am using this on a DS Lite with firmware v5.

I would like to change the font to the one used by the DS BIOS. I have downloaded a .ttf file off the internet. I renamed it to "system.fon" and moved it to the "TTMenu" folder, replacing the font file that comes with YSMenu. However, when I go to use YSMenu, it works as normal, except for the font. The only words that apper say that it "can't load font."

Reactions: carecynthia

carecynthia

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Gosh, I'm looking for the answer to this question as well. There're certain chinese characters that can't be displayed in YSmenu. I'm certain its the problem of the font since replacing it by a .fon found in an older version of moonshl half solves the issue. Now I've got all the characters properly displayed, however with wider character spacing which is a bit annoying. I hope to somehow edit the .fon file or find a better replacement.
Apparently the .fon file is not the common type used by Microsoft in win2003 and cannot be opened by windows font viewer or FontForge. So it should be something else and I'm still looking for the answer...
Kinda doubt if .ttf would be it because as a font type it feels a bit too new?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lesbians invented babies +2