Hacking Hardware how to change startup?

Gzakit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
the gist is, i wanted to play gameboy games on my NN3DSXL, i first downloaded mgba but i didn't like it, then i ran gpSP, i liked it more than mgba, but i still didn't really like it, and i accidentally found open_agb_firm and I first ran godmode9 selected open_agb_firm and instead of installing as an application I installed to firm0 and now I only use open_agb_firm. Help me what to do?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the gist is, i wanted to play gameboy games on my NN3DSXL, i first downloaded mgba but i didn't like it, then i ran gpSP, i liked it more than mgba, but i still didn't really like it, and i accidentally found open_agb_firm and I first ran godmode9 selected open_agb_firm and instead of installing as an application I installed to firm0 and now I only use open_agb_firm. Help me what to do?
View attachment 351338
can't boot into godmode? if not, you may be able to recover with ntr boot. best way to launch this imo, is fast boot. you can map open_agb_firm to any button, hold it to open it at boot.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Being not familiar with open_agb_firm, I don't know if there are any safety measurements for such a case. With that I mean some kind of chainloading function to load another FIRM.
The README.md doesn't mention anything (or I didn't see it). If there isn't any intended method of chainloading, the console is stuck with it when installing a FIRM into FIRM0 partition.

Each time booting a 3DS it tries loading FIRM0. If this fails, it tries loading FIRM1. If this also fails, it throws 8046 BOOTROM ERROR.

I do have to say that GodMode9 turns the lower screen red, provides a meaningful warning (unsupported FIRM will brick your console) and demands the input of a random sequence before proceeding with a dangerous things as overwriting FIRM partitions.

Does anybody know a way of chainloading another FIRM from open_agb_firm? Is there any safety net for this case?

Else... There is only ntrboot, like mentioned above.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo