Hacking How to boot games from channels fast !

mrwulff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nicksasa said:
replace the 00000000.app in your wad with the opening.bnr (the one you just packed as banner info)

is there a single program that can do this or do i have to use one to extract the orig, and then another to pack it.

what packers/unpacker(s) do i need, and ive looked at a few but most are dead links

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great
biggrin.gif
Now all I need is the knowhow (or someone) to make a Super Mario Galaxy channel (PAL) and I'm all set
tongue.gif

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hi, i made two channels using fat cows method (animal crossing pal and rune frontier ntsc), both work (banner and launching correct game) but they replace each other when i install them. i changed the loading text and title id and replaced the banner. what else do i have to change to make them distinct from each other?

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tube83 said:
hi, i made two channels using fat cows method (animal crossing pal and rune frontier ntsc), both work (banner and launching correct game) but they replace each other when i install them. i changed the loading text and title id and replaced the banner. what else do i have to change to make them distinct from each other?
I used VC to edit the channel ID in the finished wad. Others said you can also use hex editor to edit channel ID in the tik and tmd files from unpacked wad.

tube83

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Fat Cow said:
tube83 said:
I used VC to edit the channel ID in the finished wad. Others said you can also use hex editor to edit channel ID in the tik and tmd files from unpacked wad.

awesome, hex-editing worked!

powaking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried both Mario Kart and Wii Sports and both tried to read a disc in the drive then it just fails. Not sure whats up.

Edit: Neeee-ver-mind. Didn't have cIOS222 installed.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
If anybody has made channels for PAL games, could you upload them? I have retail SMG, Zelda, etc, so I can't get the banner for them without dumping the whole game and such.

Also, I can't seem to get Symphonia 2 to work, so if anybody has one of those?

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also hope someone can make a ToS2 channel, I don't want to dump the whole game to my hdd just to get the banner.

sess

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Install cIOS222 then.

How many blocks does each of your channels take, guys? I made myself one for Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, "injected" to a backup launcher channel, and it takes 5 blocks. I don't think it's really big, but I just want to check if thats normal.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can someone make a wii sports NTSC channel that loads fast from the HD? thanx

i tried but i failed, it gave me some errors

Fat Cow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MizuhoChan said:
I have the banner for ToS2 if you think you can get it to work.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ldgdgjyjbo1
Thanks for the banner, I made a channel and it works perfectly. But I noticed it's showing the Japanese logo in channel, did you get the banner from the Undub or JP version? Or maybe it's becuase I set the channel to region free? Anyway, I like the JP logo so it's good enough.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yifyhcgm4im

btw I'm only using the normal cIOS36 rev9/IOS249, no USB2.0 IOS222.

MizuhoChan

Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
Oh right, sorry. I made an undub, so I could listen to the Japanese voices with the English text. I don't have an untouched banner.

Anyway, my channel was code dumping, so I'll test this one once my Fire Emblem is finished dumping to hdd.

Thanks =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol