How to boost Gamecube and/or Wii Emulation In Dolphin

DoggaDude

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disclaimer! These recommendations are from my exp. and these aren't the best or recommended options to boost performance, so don't "DoggaDude!" me.

And I don't care If for some reason I "copied" someone else's work for ways to boost performance speeds In the Dolphin Wii/Gamecube Emulator.

:yaywii: Thanks for reading my Disclaimer. If you didn't It's In black on the top of the thread, and Its above that Wii emoji.

P.S. These boost tips where tested On a Dell Windows 10 laptop (w/ a Dell 16:10 VGA monitor) 2.40 GHz i3 6 GB of RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.

FIRST! Let us do something that Is not necessary but gives you a pinch and sprinkle of an FPS boost. Using an older version of Dolphin. This also helps If you have a Potato (like me) computer, and the FPS Is so bad, the audio sounds like It's being dragged across the cement, It will make the audio sound like as If you're running It on an actual Gamecube/Wii, but the FPS Is still bad. I recommend using Dolphin 3.5. That's what I used.

SECOND! crank the resolution to It's lowest! Well, how do I do that?

Graphics -> Enhancements and you will see options for the resolution, when or If you found It, crank the resolution to It's lowest! (aka 1 x Native 640x528 and Anisotrophic Filtering to 1x)

And then In the same tab go to General, and switch the backend to Direct3D9, and use whatever Adapter that you can use. Then, turn your display to the lowest resolution (aka 640x480 and force 4:3) and click close. Now, run your ROM In window mode!

How? It does. And If It doesn't? I am using a version of Dolphin (3.5) which I recommended for you to use, which always runs on window mode (unless you have F11 on your keyboard, Sherlock) and If you are using a newer version, there should be a option to enable to run your ROMS In a window.

And you should now see a boost of at least 20 FPS!

Here Is an example of a video with these settings!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Ok thanks, I love my X but have not messed with a S yet.