Slushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey All,

I ordered my first DS flash card the other day thanks to help from here. (Acekard 2. . .Thanks again to IOwnAndPwnU for his help on the card and the site to get it from.)

Anyway, I've been looking at Homebrew games and apps to get when it arrives. I've been getting pretty excited, ALOT of very cool looking games and apps.

But I'm not really 100% sure how to be safe with my DS and downloading games and apps from the net. I don't want to get a virus for my DS or brick it, which I have read can happen.

So can you helpful people give me some tips and such on being safe with DS Flash Carts? Any way to make sure it doesn't have a virus or will brick your DS? Also, if you know of sites that are safe to download homebrew apps and homebrew games from.

Thanks for any help and tips on the matter.

MasterPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Surprisingly, most anti-viruses also pick up these brickers, and will delete [Quarantine? Depends on your AV.] them. If you do get your hands on them, your anti-virus most likely will as well.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As far as homebrew sites go, the homebrew & download sections on this forum should suffice your needs. I think just about everything gets broadcast on here these days (esp. now there's a mthly Bounty on offer) and, what's more, you can read the discussion threads as to which ones are worth trying out.

Slushie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds good. I'll try and stick with getting homebrew games and apps from here. Ones here are safe?

And I plan on getting moonshell and dsorganize, they have a scanner for homebrew games and apps to see if its infected? That would be very helpful.

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slushie said:
Sounds good. I'll try and stick with getting homebrew games and apps from here. Ones here are safe?

And I plan on getting moonshell and dsorganize, they have a scanner for homebrew games and apps to see if its infected? That would be very helpful.
Dont be so paranoid. DS brickers are long gone. Have fun.

IOwnAndPwnU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I never even knew there were DS Brickers.
wtf.gif

The only homebrew stuff I have (not sure exactly what is qualified) is DSOrganize and MoonShell. I also have Lameboy emulator. But that's about it. You could consider DSReader but the AIO has internal reader so I don't think that would be too useful.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you plan to pirate games download them from places that allow comments on each download and see what others say. I've never worried about malware but reading the comments lets me know if the dumps are good and the region is correct.

ciper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Try Google-ing what you want to download (aka r0mz) and you should get a good site for roms.
IMHO that is terrible advice. Thats a good way to end up with malware.

If you dont care about 0-day "the bay of pirates" is good enough for most users.

OG LOCC NESS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I go to the ones that are the flashiest and are in my face, that shows me they care. especially if they encourage me to visit other places, they're just looking out for ME

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you have a DS Lite: The firmwares on those are 100% write protected (ok except the Wifi-settings), so even if you should catch a bricker (which is very unlikely) it won't do any harm to your DS.

D

Deleted User

Actually, the brickers are not dead. I have them sitting here in a nice safe zip file where they can't get out...unless they are provoked. I also have my CycloDS bricker (basically just writes a bad firmware to the cart). I won't release that either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over