mikej3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I want to backup my copy of monopoly wii. I guess i cant do this with my toshiba dvd drive, can i? also, would i be able do this wirelessly from the wii to my pc if i have a router? if so, is there an explanation on how to do this?

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikej3131 said:
Hello,

I want to backup my copy of monopoly wii. I guess i cant do this with my toshiba dvd drive, can i? also, would i be able do this wirelessly from the wii to my pc if i have a router? if so, is there an explanation on how to do this?
Dude, come on! Do you even look for an answer before you post? Because if you did, then you would've seen a whole thread on it on the 1st page! Waninkoko's DVD Dumper 1.2. It lets you dump games over WiFi.

mikej3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i guess thats what i need. And i did look, but i guess not enough to find anything. But i have no clue how to set it up. is there a tutorial somewhere. i used the twilight hack and have backup launcher .3. does this matter?

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you download my zip - and look in the Apps folder theres a file called Wii Dumper - put it into ur sd card in the apps folder there - The HOW TO in it says the folowing :

Stage 4 : (Optional) Backup a game from the wii
1. Start up the wii and go to the homebrew channel
2. Go to to Homebrew channel once again and select Wii DVD Dumper (This is by Waninkoko v1.31)
3. Select Wifi Network Backup
4. Select the game type - usually Wii Single Layer
5. On your PC/Laptop , open Firefox (IE may give errors -10056) and type in the link the Wii gives you
6. Wait 2-4 hours and you have a ISO for yourself (dependant on your wifi speeds)

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mikej3131 said:
ok i guess thats what i need. And i did look, but i guess not enough to find anything. But i have no clue how to set it up. is there a tutorial somewhere. i used the twilight hack and have backup launcher .3. does this matter?
If you have Backup Launcher 0.3, then that most likely means you have a cIOS installed. That's needed for this to work, so that's good if you do. If not, google "patchmii" and download it from wiibrew. Then, all you do is load it up in Homebrew Channel, choose to dump over WiFi, go to the URL it gives you, and choose to download the game. This should take 2-4 hours (depending on your connection).

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mikej3131 said:
ok thanks to both of you. how do i know if the game is single or dual layer?
If it's SSBB it's dual layer, if it's not SSBB it's single layer.
biggrin.gif

djtaz

PM's Full - Wadder Me
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikej3131 said:
ok thanks to both of you. how do i know if the game is single or dual layer?

Check the size of it on a PC - 4.7 gigs is a single layer - above is double - usually they are single

mikej3131

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Check the size of it on a PC - 4.7 gigs is a single layer - above is double - usually they are single

Well you have to specify if its single layer or dual layer (step 4 in the howto) before you rip it to the pc hard drive. And since my pc doesnt read wii disks, i cant stick it in my pc first to see if its 4.7 GB or above

drunknbass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any trick to backing up to usb stick with the wii dumper? i tried and i got an exception fault/crash. my usb is formatted FAT and totally empty 8gb

i also installed the 3.3u and in wii settings it says 3.1u in the top corner as the version #.. is this right?

neriphis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drunknbass said:
is there any trick to backing up to usb stick with the wii dumper? i tried and i got an exception fault/crash. my usb is formatted FAT and totally empty 8gb

i also installed the 3.3u and in wii settings it says 3.1u in the top corner as the version #.. is this right?

fat does support files over a certain size, i believe 4 gigs. try using a different format. i forgot witch one i use.

r9delta

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neriphis said:
drunknbass said:

fat does support files over a certain size, i believe 4 gigs. try using a different format. i forgot witch one i use.

*blinks*

Seriously....what the fuck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol