Homebrew Discussion How to Back Up Game Updates

REDNikolai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am looking for a thread that discusses how to back up and restore game updates. I think this is a good idea, first from a historian's perspective, to preserve different states of a game's development post-release, as well as to speed up re-adding updates to archived titles and to save space on SD media for games that are not currently being played. I have not begun the investigation into how this may or may not work, but it's always good to have input from those who may already be in-the-know, so please comment or reply with anything you can add to this thread. Thanks!!

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I'm not entirely sure of the process but I'm with you on the preservation front. Some of these day 1 updates make a huge difference and sadly just owning the original carts means nothing for long-term storage and completion. I've personally been holding off on doing the dlc/update tasks because so far it's involved using either layeredfs/devmenu and those two are just asking for trouble. I'm hoping we get an easier payload based method like how we dump our carts/keys/certs right now.

Reactions: REDNikolai

REDNikolai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not entirely sure of the process but I'm with you on the preservation front. Some of these day 1 updates make a huge difference and sadly just owning the original carts means nothing for long-term storage and completion. I've personally been holding off on doing the dlc/update tasks because so far it's involved using either layeredfs/devmenu and those two are just asking for trouble. I'm hoping we get an easier payload based method like how we dump our carts/keys/certs right now.

That would be nice. I've been told that it is possible to back up game updates currently, but I haven't seen the specifics yet.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

That would be nice. I've been told that it is possible to back up game updates currently, but I haven't seen the specifics yet.
I've only seen them released from the scene groups so far, they clearly have some tricks up their sleeves that aren't open source yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg