how to add/ play movies on dual formatted External HD?

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have my fat 32 partition @ 32k for wii games (around 238gbs) then i have a 2nd ntfs partition around 238gbs as well) i want to know can i add .mkv/mp4 etc file movies to the ntfs partition or do i have to use wiibackup manager and priorly convert those extensions to dvd before they can be added to either fat32 or ntfs partitions on my external?

i want to be able to plug my external into my tv and play them off usb if possible? the tv only recognizes the fat 32 partition atm.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It depends on the TV and what it supports. Many TVs only support FAT32, some support NTFS, and a few top brand TVs do support partitioned HDDs. Based on what I've seen when looking into TVs to buy last year. Also, not every TV supports every codec (some won't even try to load MKVs, which is merely a wrapper).

For full details, refer to the manual that came with your TV.

Reactions: detroitwillfall

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm.. maybe if i just format it to fat 32 and try to convert them all to isos first? or will it not support higher then 4gb on fat 32?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wii game larger than 4GB will need to be split on FAT32.

Most TV only supports basic 8-bit Level 4.1 H264 wrapped in MP4 container. Audio wise they usually stick with MP3. Few of them supports MKV, FLAC, and AAC.

All in all, PC is the best media player. From what I heard Ouya with VLC installed can play 10-bit H264, which is impressive considering it can be only decoded using CPU raw power.

Reactions: detroitwillfall

detroitwillfall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii game larger than 4GB will need to be split on FAT32.

Most TV only supports basic 8-bit Level 4.1 H264 wrapped in MP4 container. Audio wise they usually stick with MP3. Few of them supports MKV, FLAC, and AAC.

All in all, PC is the best media player. From what I heard Ouya with VLC installed can play 10-bit H264, which is impressive considering it can be only decoded using CPU raw power.

i use vlc standard on my pc, but was just wondering about the tv. no biggie i can just watch it on here

thanks for the help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: