Hardware How the hell do I update with no internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Yeeeeaaahhh.....I'm pretty sure that they're not gonna include a 5GB update on a game disc.

Anyways Drakorex, I'm with Arm73 on this one. Try to get to a friend or family members house who has an active internet connection and get the thing updated. I do think the whole day 1 update is crap and Nintendo should be ashamed of themselves for not getting everything in order before launch.
It's 1GB and why not?
It doesn't use DVD's.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii U discs have approximately 25GB of useable storage, there is more than enough data realestate to put a game and an update on it.

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
It's 1GB and why not?
It doesn't use DVD's.
I was informed that the update was 5GB, not to mention the update would need to be included on several games for that to be a possibility as not everyone is going to buy the same games. In reality Nintendo should have sent all retailers update discs for customers who bought the system since they have no way of knowing whether or not each person has an internet connection at home for updating.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though many of us have it nowadays, Nintendo really should put some info on the box of the system telling people that Internet is actually required to get the system up and running as intended.

I know it says that it's required for 'Some features' but it needs to be more specific. For example, requires internet for Wii BC, etc.

gloweyjoey

who??
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was informed that the update was 5GB, not to mention the update would need to be included on several games for that to be a possibility as not everyone is going to buy the same games. In reality Nintendo should have sent all retailers update discs for customers who bought the system since they have no way of knowing whether or not each person has an internet connection at home for updating.
The update was a 1GB packed file that expanded to 5GB and only the games that require the update would need it on the disc just like what Nollog said.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Like every other console manufacturer does?

Updates will be placed on discs of both new and current games(like how certain Wii games had a new update put on their discs after a second or third, etc. manufacture run), like every other console does it.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And yet you all continue to chat here. I find it amusing. More of a shame really, that my coverflow thread didnt receive half as much attention. Oh well.

pwsincd

Garage Flower
Developer
Trophies
XP
cant afford the net , can afford a wiiu already has a wii and wants to update his wiiu to let it act like a wii @ mcdonalds , fuk man drive the streets and find an unsecure network ...park n leech ,, this is the dumbest thread i ever seen. Cant wait to see you asking if you can download wiiu iso's at mcdonalds , theeres no logic to any of it....

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ahh more negativity and assholish behavior. There is no need for further comments on this thread. For the love of all that is sacred I beg a mod to lock this shit...

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Ahh more negativity and assholish behavior. There is no need for further comments on this thread. For the love of all that is sacred I beg a mod to lock this shit...

You can't update without an internet connection, at least not yet. Stop calling people assholes for criticizing your choice. Not everyone will understand why you do what you do, but some people will. Fighting fire with fire will only increase the blaze.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasnt calling him an asshole,only his behavior. Why must people feel the urge to provide negative input? Its not needed and only serves the purpose of pissing people off. Now let me reiterate. My problem is taken care of. Find some other thread to post in. THE END.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up