Hacking How smooth does Daedalusx64 run?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Everything depends on the game in question - there's only so much you can expect from a PSP, it's a mirracle that it even manages to emulate the N64 in the first place considering how different the two systems are and what little performance gap is between them. Try it out yourself with the games you're interested in and check results.

Here's a recorded compilation, it should give you a general idea of what kind of performance you may expect. The emulator is more optimized for some games, less for others hence the framerate spikes.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks like it's improved since I last used it a few years ago, I wouldn't play games without audio though personally.

Since PSP runs PS1 games at full speed, running N64 games shouldn't be THAT much harder.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like it's improved since I last used it a few years ago, I wouldn't play games without audio though personally.

Since PSP runs PS1 games at full speed, running N64 games shouldn't be THAT much harder.

The PSP runs PS1 gaems via virtualisation, basically it has hardware capable of running PS1 gaems. And remember, PS1 gaems are running because the emulator was created by Sony. N64 is a bit of a bitch regarding emulation and is being developed by homebrewists not by a company who knows the inner workings of the system.

Reactions: BortzANATOR

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Popsloader release before Sony released the official loader? I'm probably wrong though I didn't join the PSP scene until like 2006.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative