Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
godsakes said:
Perseid said:
Anyway, I am becoming very dissatisfied with this generation. The Wii is mostly cookie-cutter budget releases that replace mindless button-mashing with mindless controller-waggling. The 360 has a bunch of super-short glitchy games that aren't worth half of their $60. I don't have a PS3 but it's game library is mostly the same as the 360's anyway. I think the DS is the best system of this generation, sad as that sounds.
dunno about the DS being the best of this gen, i don't think any one console deserves the title of being best system. It boils down to the games and there's only really a handful that stick in my mind as AAA:

COD4: 360
oblivion: 360
mario galaxy: wii
jean de arc: psp
puzzle quest: ds

(NB i don't own a PS3)

I agree with your sentiments. For example i can't believe how much of a let down bioware have been with mass effect when they made such gold like jade empire and knights of the old republic 1 (second one was a let down plot wise).

since there haven't been many top tier titles recently i've been concentrating on the gems of the last gen - finally got around to playing/completing shadow of the colossus, psychonauts next on my list is prince of persia (sands of time) and god of war 1
FYI, the PC version of TES IV: Oblivion is much better than the 360 version
tongue.gif

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
FYI, the PC version of TES IV: Oblivion is much better than the 360 version
tongue.gif

the pc version is the one i played accidentially (although the 360 seems to play it at far better graphics then my laptop) - i haven't really cited the PC as i'm not really sure how it fits into the generation thing

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
okay, this is true hardcore

QUOTE said:
hardcore gamer = Fucktard who spends way too much time playing shitty FPS games and way too little time having sex.

"Medal of Honor 54 is the greatest thing since sex! At least I assume so, not having tried sex yet!"

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
jan777 said:

QUOTE said:
hardcore gamer = Fucktard who spends way too much time playing shitty FPS games and way too little time having sex.

"Medal of Honor 54 is the greatest thing since sex! At least I assume so, not having tried sex yet!"
How often do you have sex? I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I have sex at least once a week. Also, people use those terms when something is "orgasmic".

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am predicting a new VR system that uses sensors for motion control. Wii proved that people want innovation, and not just HD GFX. (although GFX are nice, don't get me wrong) I would pay $600+ for a VR system done right with real motion controls. I would imagine you would need a sensor-bar/shirt thing that would keep track of your body, and arm position, as well as something to keep track of your positioning in space. And the glasses would have to be light-weight. I don't care if it only has a few games, and I hope to see this some day regardless of how stupid you will look while playing it.

I know it sounds like sci-fi, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to bring back VR again.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
jan777 said:

QUOTE said:

How often do you have sex? I consider myself a hardcore gamer and I have sex at least once a week. Also, people use those terms when something is "orgasmic".

none, too young anyway

and that was a joke post

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
triassic911 said:
Minox_IX said:
triassic911 said:
Minox_IX said:
triassic911 said:
The xbox sold more than the gcn. Next gen the xbox will be the best followed by sony's console. People will realize hardcore is the way to go.
No they won't. And who are you to decide what's hardcore and what's not?
I'm a hardcore gamer....??
Define hardcore.
Anything on the 360/ps3 really

What a load of Bullshit!

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
granville said:
There is no such thing as casual or hardcore games. Just games that suck and games that don't. For instance, the Hannah Montana games suck and the Tetris series is awesome. Sonic the Hedgehog games have become terrible in general, but Mario is still awesome.

If a game is good, it's good. If it's not, it's not. Being a hardcore game does not mean a game is good. And being a casual game does not mean it is bad. If you were a true gamer, you would play any game that is good. Being a game snob just makes you look bad and limits your fun. People use the terms hardcore and casual to sound sophisticated. It doesn't make you so. Just narrow minded.

Proof that both casual and hardcore titles can be excellent- Henry Hatsworth. Bringing the absolute best of both worlds- platforming and puzzles, together perfectly.

I'll have to both disagree and agree with you. there are people (NOT ME) who like Hannah Montana etc. I hate tetris. Didn't find Henry Hatsworth anything special.
But, to suck (Jeez that sounds wrong) isn't the same as being good. There's no denying that Tetris is good, and I love Etrian Odyssey and The Dark Spire,
Though a lot of people hate them. But they're good. They've got quality (something that's become very rare in games).

But Sonic sucks. Really.

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the current gen systems are doing well right now. Even with the blunder of hardware issues that they have. Each generation the consoles are becoming more like a computer, but at the end of the day, a purpose built computer will out do any current gen console. It will however, cost more. It can also however do more.

If you are traveling the country playing video games for money, or work for G4 or any other video game publishing company, you are a hardcore gamer. Until then, you are just a gamer, and or a fanboy.

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:
last gen the consoles quality were:

PS2
GCN
XBOX
How could you forget Sega Dreamcast? The best last gen console, too short lived but better than any of those 3 ^^ At least IMO
tongue.gif

CyberFish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kalmis said:
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:

PS2
GCN
XBOX
How could you forget Sega Dreamcast? The best last gen console, too short lived but better than any of those 3 ^^ At least IMO
tongue.gif

Marketing and 3rd party support killed the Dreamcast. There were a few hits on it, but at least 20X more even on gamecube. I will say it was ahead of its time with the online gaming. The controller absolutly sucked IMO.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CyberFish said:
kalmis said:
WII_ND_DS_USER_997 said:

PS2
GCN
XBOX
tongue.gif

Marketing and 3rd party support killed the Dreamcast. There were a few hits on it, but at least 20X more even on gamecube. I will say it was ahead of its time with the online gaming. The controller absolutly sucked IMO.

They did a poor job marketing it in the states however the marketing in Japan was absolutely superb and the 3rd party support was mainly Japan only, they even had a keyboard and monitor for it that cost 2000 bucks US however only 100 were made.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
*snip*
dunno about the DS being the best of this gen, i don't think any one console deserves the title of being best system. It boils down to the games and there's only really a handful that stick in my mind as AAA:

COD4: 360
oblivion: 360
mario galaxy: wii
jean de arc: psp
puzzle quest: ds

(NB i don't own a PS3)

I agree with your sentiments. For example i can't believe how much of a let down bioware have been with mass effect when they made such gold like jade empire and knights of the old republic 1 (second one was a let down plot wise).

since there haven't been many top tier titles recently i've been concentrating on the gems of the last gen - finally got around to playing/completing shadow of the colossus, psychonauts next on my list is prince of persia (sands of time) and god of war 1

Bioware didn't develop the second one. It was made by Obsidian Entertainment.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame: