OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
So i going to buy a psp. And how much memory should i have. I will have alot of games. And emulators. So ya how much memory? And can someone help me find the cheapest card i can buy from the us. Like ebay? Or a site thats cheaper

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
I've never had an issue with 4GB sticks

Eh, I find they fill up pretty quickly. My current 4GB stick (I don't use it anymore since I switched to a Go) has been pretty much jammed for space since Dissidia took a permanent spot on it (that shit's addictive) and other large games (like Trails in the Sky) takes up at least a GB.

I'm currently running the 16GB internal storage on my Go and it's pretty full right now (like 700MB left). It's still a fine number, I'm just pretty ADD with games.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use an 8 gig Micro SD - Memory Pro Duo stick, and it works fine for me. The only game that is a "permanent resident" is Persona 3: Portable, and it's a little over 1 gig. If you're using it for emulation and will only have a few PSP games, 4-8 should be fine for you. If you want a lot of PSP games, then I'd say go as big as you can afford to.

I'd get a list of PSP games you think you'll want to play and post it here. I don't know every game size, but we do have an idea of how big the larger ones are. For example, if you're going to play Peace Walker, don't get anything smaller than a 4 gig. Trust me.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends on what you are playing. For just emulators, 2-4 GB should be plenty. However, if we're talking about an abundance of PSP games, you really should go to 8-16 GB. I have a Go, so I'm doing fine with my 16 GB.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mine fill up fast too
I have about 30GB on my GO
and I have a extra 16GB M2 filled with PSX games

I buy all my memory cards from amazon and I never got a fake.
the prices is pretty good too

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I use the same set up as Windaga. Works fine for me. A permanent resident for me is Ys 7, and that isn't too terribly big. Oh yeah, and Cave Story, as the game is just cool and really small.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
8GB sounds like the minimum for you. I have 8GB and it's pretty decent. It's enough for about 10 PSP games, 2 PSX games, a shitload of GBA/GBC/N64 games and about 10 episodes of South Park.

slayerdx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the problem with 4gb is that it pretty much is only 2-3 games. Cause 4gb is actually like 3.76? Plus with 2 big games (games over 1.5gb) its hard to fit another game on there.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
8GB. Good PSP games are mostly around 1GB (there are exceptions though, YS SEVEN). But if you're planning to emulate stuff as well then I'd suggest 16GB if you can afford it. 4GB just isn't enough.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i uses 8 gigs as well.... and i look at it this way.... u can only play 1 game at a time. the extra space is for regularly played games and my emulations
happy.gif

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(When I had a PSP...) I used an 8GB card for PSP games and a 2GB card for Homebrew/Emus/Minis. Games I was not playing at a given time sat on a harddrive until I was ready for them.

...I also did all of my own ripping and audio/video compression for all of my PSP games so most of them were considerably smaller than the original iso/cso

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1