how much is my computer worth...?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Aug 17, 2010.

Aug 17, 2010
  1. Splych

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

May 19, 2008
    Canada, Ontario.
    alright, so my dad wants to buy my computer mainly because it's for his work and he needs a new one .
    he said that since i spent my money on this computer , he is willing to pay me back for the same price i paid for .
    but it is used and the price of parts went down . so since i have absolutely no sense of pricing things, i was wondering if you guys could help me price the computer:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 BE [clocked @ 3.1GHz] []
    Mobo: Biostar TA790GX 128M []
    RAM: OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz []
    PSU: OCZ GameXStream 850W []
    Case: Cooler Master Elite 334 NV Edition []
    GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB []

Harddrives, we are just switching them and Optical Drive, doesn't matter much. i think we are just gonna settle a small price like $10 to $30 depending on how the whole computer is priced at. so yeah, he was also thinking of buying a AMD Phenom II X4 CPU, but then i brought up the thoughts of unlocking the other two cores... i just haven't thought about doing it yet and also, i am not sure if i should risk losing CPU Temperature Monitor.
  2. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    United Kingdom
    A rough guestimate, around $380-400 for the listed parts. As a rule of thumb, "used" parts tend to sell 10-40% lower than retail value. Naturally the most valuable part listed is the graphics card.