Burton said:
aminemaster said:
NahuelDS said:
spanish - native language
english - can understand it well, but not so fluent at speaking/writing
italian - same as english but I find it impossible to write/read
then why is your flag italian?
for the lulz?
UFF I don't know if his case it's the same but there are a lot of Tempers, almost the half of registered members that uses fake localizations.
I was born and now live in Argentina, but I had the Italian citizenship since child.
We always talked both spanish and italian with my parents. Thats why I can speak italian but not write/read it.

Guess I qualify to use the italian flag
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only speak English. Or more accurately, American English.

I took a year of French in 8th grade (decades ago), but I've forgotten most of it now. I only remember snippets....I can count to 10 in French, for example. I rem a couple phrases: Une jolie fille. (A pretty girl), Non parlay Francais (No speak French
tongue.gif
) a couple random words, but not enough to be useful. Certainly not enough to (for instance) play a game in French. I remember I used to be able to comprehend most of it when reading it, but I couldn't write it or comprehend when it was spoken to me....the words all jumbled together and I couldn't tell where one word ended and another began. I'd say I've completely forgotten at least 95% of what I learned in that class. But like I said, I know NO ONE who speaks that language personally, so it was a use-it-or-lose-it type of deal. Obviously, I lost it.

I did know a few people who's native language was French (in that class) and they said they could barely detect any accent when I spoke in that language. So I guess I would have been good at it if I would have continued taking the classes. Thing is, I actually WANTED to learn Spanish as there are more Spanish speaking people in my area....well, at the time there was anyway, but they stuck me in French and I kinda rebelled against that dirty trick. Since I knew NO ONE outside of school that spoke French, I didn't feel it was practical for me to learn a language I deemed useless to me, unlike Spanish, which would have been very useful. Stupid public school system......
dry.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I only speak American English.
I failed French and Spanish.
EDIT: Well interesting detail, back when I was still in chorus, I used to sing a lot in Latin and was pretty good at that.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I know a good amount of Spanish (mostly "Mexican Spanish" not "Spain Spanish"). Enough to be able to converse with people for the most part. I can understand about 80% of things said, it just takes me a while to respond (have to conjugate verbs in my head and stuff).

I speak "American English" as my primary language. I am also in the progress of learning Japanese (ONE DAY... one day.
cry.gif
)

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
Malay - Important and main language
English - Secondary language

Other language likes Chinese, Japanese etc... just very little but Google translate and Microsoft Bing Translator can help us for translating!
rolleyes.gif

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
I only know English, and even with this single language i'm slowly getting worse at speaking it... i rarely talk (due to being a very solitary person) and it's been slowly destroying my pronunciation on many words, that and i've never been able to tell the difference between 'r' and 'w' in many words (for example i say "rock" as "wok"), i used to also say 'three' as 'free' but i've been able to teach myself out of that one.

So yeah i suck at talking in general
dry.gif

rgros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm double national from Portugal and Germany and can speak both native level.
Spanish i'm intermediate level can understand allot and reply allot but not perfectly
English - Almost as good as the 2 native languages i still need to grasp the many slang terms specially from the UK.

French - I can say several words and construct a few sentences and understand some stuff if spoken slowly
Italian - Can understand it if spoken slowly due to similarities with Portuguese and Spanish, however speaking is complicated since i always end up speaking Portuguese words when i should not
smile.gif

Romain29

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
French (native)
English 50% i think,sometimes it's really hard for me to understand what are you talking about
Spanish a little bit,learn it 2 years at school
i understand some word in japanese when i'am watching an anime without subtitle but i cannot read it and write it.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cyan said:
Raulpica, it's great that you speak french too
tongue.gif

(in case we meet someday).
I'm living at Italy border.
Yup, helped me a lot in Paris (went there last summer). Yeah, that'd be awesome! Too bad I'm really far from the border.
Maybe if we actually get around to do that 'temp meeting in London...
tongue.gif

I'm really surprised to see this many people on here knowing Italian
ohmy.gif

I thought nobody studied it except italians (since it's used only here and a few other places, unlike French and Spanish, for example)
rofl2.gif

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
I know a good amount of Spanish (mostly "Mexican Spanish" not "Spain Spanish"). Enough to be able to converse with people for the most part. I can understand about 80% of things said, it just takes me a while to respond (have to conjugate verbs in my head and stuff).

I speak "American English" as my primary language. I am also in the progress of learning Japanese (ONE DAY... one day.
cry.gif
)
solo para poder jugar mother?
tongue.gif

edit: 900# post wow!

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Filipino/Tagalog : Mother Language
English: 2nd Language
Japanese: a bit. I can't write nor read japanese though.
Spanish: a bit too, I thank Dora for that.
Korean: Saranghae saranghae.

Z

Zorua

I speak 5 languages: English, Hindi, Bengali, Punjabi and French.
Bengali and Punjabi are Indian dialects.

D

Deleted User

Chinese - 1st Language/Native (Short life story:I was born in the USA and raised in China by my grandmother,until I was 4)
English - 2nd Language,Fluent,I can write...Duh? xD
Japanese - 3rd Languge, Kinda native,my Dads side
biggrin.gif

Korean - 4/5th -My mothers side?But I can only speak :b
and Pig Latin LOL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really...