Gaming how many games do you have Wii

pbgbottle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i have moved section i usually cruise around the DS section .a bit.

but i finally hacked my kids Wii she is lovin it . i went a bit overboard getting games i was just curious on what size most of your collections are . i just hit 86 games and i only hacked the wii (softmod)
last wednesday ,i'm using a 300GB Hard drive and im gonna fill it up .

i am a complete noob to the wii i never touch it . but i did notice the system memory was getting full
so i deleted channels and unnecessary junk will my wii run out of memory playing this many games where are the saves stored . also when you download say songs from dance revolutin 4 . it wont save the song to my SD card ,says card in slot not compatible or something like that so it downloads it to the wii storage and after 2 songs the wii is full. what up .

if i go to data management and move saves i guess to ds card will the wii look there also for old saves .
or do they need to remain in the wii system

sorry for the multiple questions i was only gonna ask the first one and got carried away here. lol

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
800+
Use NAND save emulation to keep your Wii Nand clean.
Or use savegamemanager GX to manage your saves between SD, USB, NAND, and NANDemu.

nukeboy95

Old skool member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got like 80+ games on my 250gb and still have space to spare (you cud say "pirated" but i like the title "shared")
and on the hard drive i keep gamecube games i got every GOOD gamecube game in 50gb

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a 500gb hard drive and right about 200 Wii games and 30 GameCube games fit on there for me. I've tried to filter out at least SOME of the shovelware from my collection and those are mostly backed up on other hard smaller drives. (2x20gb and a 40gb and I don't know how many I have on my laptop's HDD)

My Wii's internal memory it also topped out (so you don't get lost when other people start using the term, it's called NAND memory.) but it's mostly with game saves.

As mentioned before it's a good idea to get an emuNAND going (having things saved to your HDD or SD card instead of the internal memory ... also, any saves you move over to your SD card in the system menu the you can't get at from USB loading. You have to do it the homebrew way with an emulated NAND). I also have several channels (WiiWare and VC) on my emuNAND but I don't know how many.

EDIT : Heh, this is now the official Pirate's confession thread.

Reactions: mike1

ciris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Around 180 - 200 Titles (Top stuff) Mainly Wii titles with a couple GC titles and some WiiWare/VC round up the mix on a 2.5" 750GB HD.

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
640+ games/channels after meticulous testing and reductions. About 193 Wii, 120 GameCube, 140 Wiiware and the rest VC, emulator channels & inject wads. I use a WD my book 750GB, 600GB alloted for games, the rest for media.

i am a complete noob to the wii i never touch it . but i did notice the system memory was getting full
so i deleted channels and unnecessary junk will my wii run out of memory playing this many games where are the saves stored . also when you download say songs from dance revolutin 4 . it wont save the song to my SD card ,says card in slot not compatible or something like that so it downloads it to the wii storage and after 2 songs the wii is full. what up .

if i go to data management and move saves i guess to ds card will the wii look there also for old saves .
or do they need to remain in the wii system

Search the forums (maxternal's sig is a great place to start for guides) for explanation on how to set up AN EMUNAND. You can have your Wiiware, VC games AND savegames installed in your HDD or SD, freeing your Wii's internal NAND.
As for Just Dance 4, you CAN use a SDHC card with the DLC songs but IIRC you must use IOS 250 for it to see the SD card, otherwise you'll get the message ''unable to search SD card'' on the JD shop menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol