Hacking How legis is nds-card.com? (card payment)

Leko95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I wanted to install the ntrboot using in R4i card and I ordered one online from nds-card.com (it was the link the reddit guide pointed towards). Thing is I was tired when I ordered and instead of using paypal I just used my debit card(and noticed there was no https or anything like that). Any idea if they are likely to try and use my card details to make unlawfull purchases? Or am I safe? Sorry I am a bit paranoid, will keep a close eye on my account the following week.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nds-card is legit. They haven't scammed anyone before, to my
knowledge. They are GBAtemp's sponsor for a reason. Now, I only used PayPal to buy my R4i but you should not and hopefully will not be scammed or have unlawful purchases made against your debit card account because why would they want to be removed from GBAtemp's sponsor list?

My bad. nds-card is legis, not legit.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

AshleyCummings

Gamer Girl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are not bad I got my R4i SDHC 3DS from here back a while ago (and with a little work got it running on the latest 3DS version )
20125191945462496447.jpg

I got this card (not the 2 packs) (it was the only one with a pic and me pulling out my camera and all that jazz) you may want other ones depending on your situation

Last edited by AshleyCummings,

Leko95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you guyz, I am still a bit anxious (and probably will be for a few days) but not as much. Hope it's understandable why I feel this way (website looks a bit shady and it's China).

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you guyz, I am still a bit anxious (and probably will be for a few days) but not as much. Hope it's understandable why I feel this way (website looks a bit shady and it's China).
Believe me, I was sketched the fuck out when I first heard about payment through paypal, them being very cautious through paypal, and them being in China. In the end, I took the risk and I am very happy with it. Believe me, they are legit

#800th Message

Reactions: MadMageKefka

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I use PayPal a lot and honestly, it's riskier to the seller than it is the buyer especially when they tell you not to leave a message. More often than not, if you file a claim against the seller for undelivered goods, they side with the buyer unless the seller can prove without a doubt the delivery status of the parcel.

Reactions: MadMageKefka

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Well I use PayPal a lot and honestly, it's riskier to the seller than it is the buyer especially when they tell you not to leave a message. More often than not, if you file a claim against the seller for undelivered goods, they side with the buyer unless the seller can prove without a doubt the delivery status of the parcel.
Proving delivery is easy, the scams come when the buyer claims not as described and accepts a return, and sends back either their own faulty product or a brick.

Reactions: Majickhat55

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Proving delivery is easy, the scams come when the buyer claims not as described and accepts a return, and sends back either their own faulty product or a brick.
My paranoia regarding that type of buyer is what prevents me from selling some of my stuff online. How common are scammers? I'm sitting on pretty mint versions of Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga for instance.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
My paranoia regarding that type of buyer is what prevents me from selling some of my stuff online. How common are scammers? I'm sitting on pretty mint versions of Earthbound and Panzer Dragoon Saga for instance.
Don't sell anything with ebay/PayPal that you can't afford to lose. It's not so bad on Facebook using PayPal if your buyer is using his real Facebook account (it's the anonymity and facelessness of the victim that encourages people to steal)

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always make a video of me packing the parcel and sealing it, dropping it off, and the tracking number. Most of the time that's enough to prove you sent what you were actually selling. I buy/sell Pokemon cards frequently and it's common for people to claim they received damaged cards, the wrong cards, or the package was "opened" by the carrier. Usually the video/picture proof is enough during the investigation to prove the fault isn't with the seller; or you know, that the buyer is full of shit.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I always make a video of me packing the parcel and sealing it, dropping it off, and the tracking number. Most of the time that's enough to prove you sent what you were actually selling. I buy/sell Pokemon cards frequently and it's common for people to claim they received damaged cards, the wrong cards, or the package was "opened" by the carrier. Usually the video/picture proof is enough during the investigation to prove the fault isn't with the seller; or you know, that the buyer is full of shit.
They don't look at videos or pictures for not received claims. No tracking number = buyer gets a refund. As for not as described (eg damaged cards) they might look at your photos but if you only sent it in an envelope (not sufficient protection) they will side with the buyer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night