Hacking How is the three Castlevania games playability on SuperCard DSTWO?

Crimson Mage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Unfortunately, I never got the chance to purchase a DS before due to my financial problems and being so busy with life. But recently, I bought a 3DS XL, and now I'm planning to buy a DS flashcart to enjoy what I missed.
Through the previous years, I've been following the DS flashcarts news, and I have realized that the three Castlevania games have problems in playability (especially Portrait of Ruin). From what I discovered, it seems the problem lies with the read speed of the micro SD card, if the read speed isn't fast enough, the game may freeze or crashed. But in any case, I would like to know if this flashcart fixed this issue, and all three Castlevania games works perfect on it.

If problem still exist, I would like any suggestions of what MicroSD card to purchase, I've read that the higher class the better to avoid any problems in read speed.
So according to my local shops, I'm limited in choice between either SanDisk or A-DATA.
Here is the details of each one:
MicroSDHC 8GB SanDisk Ultra class 10 UHS-I, speed up to 30 MB/s (well-known brand)
MicroSDHC 8GB A-DATA class 10 UHS-I, speed up to 30 MB/s (recommended by the community in here along with Transcend)

If you have other suggestions, please do tell me, and thanks.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I think you won't have problems running them on any flashcard, R4 or DSTWO.
I didn't had problems on my Class 8 and Class 2 cards with the latest EOS.

EDIT: Btw SanDisk cards are bad, i've had some and they died after a couple of months.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I never had any issues with my old OG R4, and I think that was with a class 4, so it'll probably be fine on near anything.

Crimson Mage

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
It seems the probability of this problem happen to class 10 microSD cards are near to null. I guess it doesn't really matter which brand should I take.
Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate it.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this is somewhat of a stoneage flashcard problem. i too remember, back in the day, how people complained about dawn of sorrows intro not working right.
but now, every recent card has no problem with these games. i've played them on a class 19 and a class 4 card, as well as a really old ds linker.

I'd grab the sandisk card personally, I've yet to have sandisk fail me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HgOvEYrDc