Hacking How is the EDGE?

JJBro1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now i have a cyclods and its perfect for me other than i think it uses battery faster than any other card i've used in the past. I heard the edge is basically the same thing as the cyclo, is that true? Can it do rts and in game text reading? How supportive is the team?

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It lacks a few features of the cyclo ds, it doesn't have RTS or in game text. The team just released a new OS (1.4) yesterday, they usually only update it when there is incompatibility of ROM's like the last one (I think 1.37) Came out in late June. As for a review, I'm still waiting for mine.

There is a chart around here that shows what it supports along with the other flashcarts.

EDIT: here is a quick link to a comparison chart:
http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pjb...zgYZN6k5lHtu5Hg

knoxvillz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it's good for me, i've been using it for a month and have seen no real problems, however there are no special features like rts or slow mo, it basically just acts if your playing the real cart. About the battery life, My DS does seem to go red more quickly than playing a regalur cart but you can get like a good days worth of gameplay if you don't play nonstop. Also you can transfer skins from your cyclods on the edge

mcjones92

Kingpin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The EDGE doesn't have too many features. But, it still is a good cart. The support team is decent. I e-mailed them 2 or 3 times and they responded within 24 hours. You should get it, if you do want to use the extra features, you can always just break out your Cyclo!

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ultra basic SLOT1 not extra features but really good compatibility, fast GUI and good build quality ratio (comparing last AK2 issue) , good power consumption ( 8hours like my old R4 unlike my 5 hours plays with my M3R)

I really like this card so far

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a basic but quality card, just like the R4 was back in the day.
OK, the menu is ripped from cyclods, but its really fast and works nice also with sdhc cards.
The chips inside the edge are different and battery life is good.

I think this card deserves his own section, so far i had zero faulty units and my customers are very happy about this card.
Much better then DSTT, M3R or AK2 in my opinion.

shinset

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
EDGE is good regarding all R4 clonewars and last slot1 generation problems battery life and especially build quality , clone,fakes etc...)

unggoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if u already have the cycloDS then dont bother with the edge anymore.. its basically the same thing minus the great features of the cycloDS such as the RTS & game text reading.. i have an edge but i want the cycloDS more than anything.. but cant get one coz i can only pay cash & cant purchase online so i just bought an edge as its the only flashcart available to me, plus it doest have the spring-loaded slot; unlike the supercard ds one v3, which i was gonna get instead of the edge but i mistakenly bought the edge first.. how unfortunate..

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have an EDGE, an Evo, a SCDS1, a DSTT and (temporarily) an R4. I have had and disposed of most of the other available cards.
The EDGE is my favorite - it boots faster than the Evo and the only feature I ever use on the Evo that is not on the EDGE is the random theme option.
Also my Evo is very tight for the TF card. I wreck a nail every time I remove the memory.
I paid less than $25 for my EDGE, I paid over $50 for the Evo. The Evo is better, I guess, but it is definitely NOT worth more than twice the price of an EDGE to me!
I didn't use the SC until I got it to triple boot - now I can use Narin's cheats. This means that the DSTT (dual-booted) is worth exactly the same to me as a SCDS1 except that SC has a much better USB adapter.
DSTT is the cheapest card that I would recommend for a casual or young player, but I would not buy one now because of the clone issue.
R4 was the best (and almost only) card when it was new. But the R4 Team is probably not going to survive due to legal issues and clone problems.
None of my remaining cards are held together by tiny plastic clips.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ