• Replies 61
  • Likes 1

Yil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I felt like gateway have mentioned something 1 or 2 years ago about custom firmwares but there is no further update. If it can go on PS3 then why not 3ds.

Reactions: Margen67

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
If it can go on PS3 then why not 3ds.
CFW is entirely possible, and has in fact already been done. The leaked CFW, cell9's NTR CFW.

The second WTF moment of the day... seriously, WTF?

Or do you mean he was going all "soon" for every release?
Jokes aside, Gateway have had the most impressive public releases of any developer. Not agreeing with them being comparable to Dark Alex, but if it weren't for their work there probably wouldn't be much of a scene currently.

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Not all of their games are bad, plus that comes from a usually-go-Nintendo person that owns a PSP for emulation etc ;)

Yeah that's my case but I'm kinda dissapointed that just a few emulators are great...

That is not actually true. At all.

Yeah, I admit, PSP has good games but they are few.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
because then G
I felt like gateway have mentioned something 1 or 2 years ago about custom firmwares but there is no further update. If it can go on PS3 then why not 3ds.
because then GW could not make any money ,duh
also 2 years, has GW even been around that long?

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah that's my case but I'm kinda dissapointed that just a few emulators are great...

SNES emulation runs well for a handheld. GB, GBC and GBA obviously I guess, Genesis I think it runs well etc imho the only things the PSP cant emulate properly off the top of my head are the N64 and other 3D systems. PS1 doesn't count since it doesn't emulate in reality (I may be mistaken)

dekuleon

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
SNES emulation runs well for a handheld. GB, GBC and GBA obviously I guess, Genesis I think it runs well etc imho the only things the PSP cant emulate properly off the top of my head are the N64 and other 3D systems. PS1 doesn't count since it doesn't emulate in reality (I may be mistaken)

PS1 is emulated but it is a native emulator built by Sony

Skull Kiddo

Definitely Not A Kid
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS1 is emulated but it is a native emulator built by Sony

Probably not 100% as seen here:

Eurogamer.net said:
The coding is pretty much a work of genius - there's strong evidence that the PSP's MIPS R4000-based CPU is running most of the PS1's R3000 code natively, but it's highly likely that the rest of the PS1 hardware is being emulated entirely by software.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
Dark Alex for PSP was like Gateway Team for 3DS.

Being a part of the psp scene for awhile I have to disagree with you, Dark Alex was a God compared to the gateway team, DA didn't ask for any money, his CFW you could install yourself without needing any extra devices unlike the GayWay Team. It was truelly a marvelous time to be alive. Now everyone is trying to make a quick buck. I miss the good old days where you just had to follow a couple steps with a couple special files on a memory card and wham bam you can now enjoy backed up games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night