How important is your computer to you?

How important is it?

• Very important! I couldn't live without it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pretty important, I use it every day.

• Somewhat important, I don't depend on it, but it's nice to have.

• Not very important, I'd probably be fine without it.

• Not important at all. Not having a computer would not affect me in the least.

• Total voters

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I was thinking about this today... I won't have cable anymore, so I'll be relying on my computer for my TV shows. How important is your computer to you?

Personally, my computer is very important to me... I get all my 360/PSP/DS/PSX games from it, I watch TV, anime, and movies in it, I talk to all my friends, etc. I honestly don't think I would last very long without a computer.

Jundeezy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I could live without, but ,..it does so much for me even outside of information/gaming-wise. When I get angry, it soothes me. I do all my homework on it. I can watch TV on it, access GBATemp and even play GBA games.
grog.gif

So yeah, it's pretty important.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
My computer(s) are very important to me, I really dont know what I would do without them. I literally use a computer 80% of the time Im awake, be it PC laptop, Netbook, PDA etc I literally go mad from boredom if Im without one or a net connection.

Nocturnius

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Very important. I watch all my movies, shows, everything on my laptop. all the news. info. latest things. games. all of it is on my comp. if i suddenly lose my laptop. i would be dead. it has everything that i need in it. lol

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
very important! there are months where i'm on it for almost the whole day. though summer, i usually don't touch it. like last year, i was in portugal for a month (though i had my ds), and when i came back, i was out every single day till like past 2am lol.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
10 years ago it was just a toy but today all the things I like to do (games, video, reading, communication.....) are taken care of by the computer purely as it can be made to do them all better than anything else out there.

None the less my laptop was stolen 4 years ago when I went to university (another reason I hated halls), granted I had access to machines and my GBA (I had got a flash cart shortly before I appeared there) but it did really shake things up.

On the flip side I have never really had a problem filling time and I have a large selection of tools to play with so I guess I would just go play with them instead. The only problem is my computer tends to play a part in such projects.

On another note computing equipment is so ubiquitous that I can usually cobble enough together to do most tasks and with "can be made to do them all better than anything else out there" usually stemming from my own effort/low level knowledge to get it there such things are not a problem.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well that depends. I like computers and use them often (even without internet) but it sounds like you guys are loving the internet more than hardware-computer itself.

I wouldn't mind getting a word processor again to carry around with me. It'd make it a great deal easier than always trying to get on one of the computers at the house.

I'd be fine without it. The main reasons I use the computer is to type/write my original stories and stuff--less painful than writing by hand during the cold months, school stuff and to use the internet for research, but I'm not scared of books. I rather have a physical book than an ebook (provided its coming from the library or being bought incredibly cheap at a yardsale or something.)

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
well if there was no such thing as piracy i really wouldnt care, but i use my pc to get games movies tv shows basically everything so yes VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very important. I couldn't live without it.

Not for playing games, but just for knowing what the hell is going on around the world. Not being able to "google" would cause a massive imbalance to my well-being.

But, one time recently I was off for a whole month, and it was fun coming back and seeing an explosion of new goodies all at once.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gizmo_gal said:
Well that depends. I like computers and use them often (even without internet) but it sounds like you guys are loving the internet more than hardware-computer itself.
well, you're right. without the internet, i would become pretty bored with my computer (no games, no msn, no new music, no gbatemp T-T, etc..)

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I couldn't live without it. It speeds up various tasks exponentially. If I want news I don't have to wait for the newspaper. If I want to watch something I don't need to pay for ripoff cable. If I need to find a bunch of words in a dictionary I don't have to search one by one. If I need to get my homework done fast I don't need to hand write it out.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Linkiboy said:
I couldn't live without it. It speeds up various tasks exponentially. If I want news I don't have to wait for the newspaper. If I want to watch something I don't need to pay for ripoff cable. If I need to find a bunch of words in a dictionary I don't have to search one by one. If I need to get my homework done fast I don't need to hand write it out.
don't forget the primary use of the internet! pr0n! (money saved on magazines and/or hookers)

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't live without my computer. I do very important stuff on it that is going to lead to me having a very good career within the next few years. Stuff I can't do without a computer (nobody can).

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My computer is very important to me. The first thing I do when IO get home from school is make a B line to my computer. I cant imagine my life without a computer. But lets be honest here, I wont die without it. I survived the first half of my life without a computer, I could survive the second half without it.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to be "noooooooo don't take it away from me!" with my computer, but now...well, I really only use my computer to put plays on my last.fm list, and to talk to people. It's still important to me in the terms of what's on it and stuff, but I don't necessarily need to be around it constantly like I used to.

Ah, freedom.
biggrin.gif

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
My computer is very important, I use it for roms, anime, school projects etc, so basically i can't live without it.
ohmy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended