How important is your computer to you?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by War, Jan 23, 2009.

?

How important is it?

1. Very important! I couldn't live without it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pretty important, I use it every day.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Somewhat important, I don't depend on it, but it's nice to have.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Not very important, I'd probably be fine without it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not important at all. Not having a computer would not affect me in the least.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Jan 23, 2009
  1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I was thinking about this today... I won't have cable anymore, so I'll be relying on my computer for my TV shows. How important is your computer to you?

Personally, my computer is very important to me... I get all my 360/PSP/DS/PSX games from it, I watch TV, anime, and movies in it, I talk to all my friends, etc. I honestly don't think I would last very long without a computer.

2. DarkLG

Member DarkLG Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!

United States
    its pretty important I use it almost every day but I could live without it.

3. Jundeezy

Member Jundeezy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I could live without, but ,..it does so much for me even outside of information/gaming-wise. When I get angry, it soothes me. I do all my homework on it. I can watch TV on it, access GBATemp and even play GBA games. [​IMG]

So yeah, it's pretty important.

4. cupajoe

Member cupajoe Have a cup of joe!

United States
    I love my computer. Life would be a little more boring without it.

5. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    My computer(s) are very important to me, I really dont know what I would do without them. I literally use a computer 80% of the time Im awake, be it PC laptop, Netbook, PDA etc I literally go mad from boredom if Im without one or a net connection.

6. Nocturnius

Member Nocturnius GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Very important. I watch all my movies, shows, everything on my laptop. all the news. info. latest things. games. all of it is on my comp. if i suddenly lose my laptop. i would be dead. it has everything that i need in it. lol

7. da_head

Member da_head A dying dream..

Canada
    very important! there are months where i'm on it for almost the whole day. though summer, i usually don't touch it. like last year, i was in portugal for a month (though i had my ds), and when i came back, i was out every single day till like past 2am lol.

8. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    10 years ago it was just a toy but today all the things I like to do (games, video, reading, communication.....) are taken care of by the computer purely as it can be made to do them all better than anything else out there.

None the less my laptop was stolen 4 years ago when I went to university (another reason I hated halls), granted I had access to machines and my GBA (I had got a flash cart shortly before I appeared there) but it did really shake things up.

On the flip side I have never really had a problem filling time and I have a large selection of tools to play with so I guess I would just go play with them instead. The only problem is my computer tends to play a part in such projects.

On another note computing equipment is so ubiquitous that I can usually cobble enough together to do most tasks and with "can be made to do them all better than anything else out there" usually stemming from my own effort/low level knowledge to get it there such things are not a problem.

9. gizmo_gal

Member gizmo_gal QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!

United States
    Well that depends. I like computers and use them often (even without internet) but it sounds like you guys are loving the internet more than hardware-computer itself.

I wouldn't mind getting a word processor again to carry around with me. It'd make it a great deal easier than always trying to get on one of the computers at the house.

I'd be fine without it. The main reasons I use the computer is to type/write my original stories and stuff--less painful than writing by hand during the cold months, school stuff and to use the internet for research, but I'm not scared of books. I rather have a physical book than an ebook (provided its coming from the library or being bought incredibly cheap at a yardsale or something.)

10. CJL18

Member CJL18 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    well if there was no such thing as piracy i really wouldnt care, but i use my pc to get games movies tv shows basically everything so yes VERY IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!

11. Goshogun1

Member Goshogun1 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Very important. I couldn't live without it.

Not for playing games, but just for knowing what the hell is going on around the world. Not being able to "google" would cause a massive imbalance to my well-being.

But, one time recently I was off for a whole month, and it was fun coming back and seeing an explosion of new goodies all at once.

12. da_head

Canada
    well, you're right. without the internet, i would become pretty bored with my computer (no games, no msn, no new music, no gbatemp T-T, etc..)

13. Linkiboy

Member Linkiboy GBAtemp Testing Area

United States
    I couldn't live without it. It speeds up various tasks exponentially. If I want news I don't have to wait for the newspaper. If I want to watch something I don't need to pay for ripoff cable. If I need to find a bunch of words in a dictionary I don't have to search one by one. If I need to get my homework done fast I don't need to hand write it out.

14. da_head

Canada
    don't forget the primary use of the internet! pr0n! (money saved on magazines and/or hookers)

15. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Can't live without my computer. I do very important stuff on it that is going to lead to me having a very good career within the next few years. Stuff I can't do without a computer (nobody can).

16. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    My computer is very important to me. The first thing I do when IO get home from school is make a B line to my computer. I cant imagine my life without a computer. But lets be honest here, I wont die without it. I survived the first half of my life without a computer, I could survive the second half without it.

17. Doomsday Forte

Member Doomsday Forte GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I used to be "noooooooo don't take it away from me!" with my computer, but now...well, I really only use my computer to put plays on my last.fm list, and to talk to people. It's still important to me in the terms of what's on it and stuff, but I don't necessarily need to be around it constantly like I used to.

Ah, freedom. [​IMG]

18. TodayiSawMyHeroF

Member TodayiSawMyHeroF GBAtemp Regular

United States
    If i lose my computer, then i lose wikipedia. Once i lose wikipedia, my grades are going to change drastically.

19. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    My computer is very important, I use it for roms, anime, school projects etc, so basically i can't live without it. [​IMG]

20. Galacta

Member Galacta >:)

Australia
    Its pretty important, I use the computer for our work (its neater with the com), without it, im on the brink of dying.