Hacking How hard is henkaku to install? Adapter recommendations?

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you get adrenaline from here?
That’s v6-fix.

i am pretty sure i did, can i check what version i have?

i used some iso games not in cso format and they load and seem to work fine.

Are you using cso files too?

If i accidentally got an old version can i just download the newer vpk file and install it ? Or must i remove the old one?

Have you used any software for copying retail games you own to the sd card/memory card?

Right now my main concern though is actually using my 200 gb micro sd card as a couple of hours on this so far with no good result

very frustrating..

Last edited by Skyhigh_,

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am pretty sure i did, can i check what version i have?
-Unfortunately, no.

i used some iso games not in cso format and they load and seem to work fine.

Are you using cso files too?
-Yes. They load fine

If i accidentally got an old version can i just download the newer vpk file and install it ?
-Yes
Or must i remove the old one?
-No.

Have you used any software for copying retail games you own to the sd card/memory card?
-I have not.

Right now my main concern though is actually using my 200 gb micro sd card as a couple of hours on this so far with no good result

very frustrating..
-Hang in there. The setup is the hardest part.

Reactions: Skyhigh_

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for all the replies

now my memory card now works

the problem was that the bloody guide for installing henkaku told me to delete the ux0 tai folder after i copied over all the contents to ur0.
I did this before i even installed adrenaline, so i saw that the gamesdb.sprx etc.. file needed to be on the tai folder.

However when i loaded my ps vita i could not see the tai folder anywhere within the contents so i was thinking how in the world are people pasting the file directly to their vita from their pc..

Then i started watching videos online and noticed people were pasting it to the ux0 tai folder! that was the same folder the henkaku guide told me to delete.. so no wonder i couldn't find it. At this point i just go to vitashell copy the ur0 tai folder to my ux0 area and then connect my vita to my pc then i:
paste the gamesdb file on the tai folder
go back to my ps vita and copy the file from the ux0 section and paste it into my ur0 tai section
then i go back and delete the ux0 tai folder again
turn off my vita and load my sd2vitav3 card and check my vita and its reading the 200 gb card now and working fine.

For something so simple it took me a while to figure out
I wonder why the hell the hankaku guide stated to delete it as it seems i may need it in the future ?

Just installed the ''fix'' from the link you said , it seems to like i can't launch adrenaline anymore i get an error
:\
'' press x to install the psp 6.61 firmware on your card''

i press x and get prompted with:
''loading 661.PBP... cannot find ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/661.PBP.

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Download the 6.61 update manually, a friend had issues with the installer downloading it automatically also: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/71x9mf/adrenaline_installation_failure/dne4roo/

If you connect to your vita using FTP rather than USB you will see all the mount points/drives, (ux0, ur0 etc). Connecting with USB just shows the contents of ux0.
It sounds like you worked around this by copying the plugin to ux0 using usb, then moved it to ur0:tai using vitashell :)

Think of ux0, ur0 etc as drives on a vita, not folders. Just like C:, D: etc are drives on in windows.
ux0: is the entire memory card. ur0: and other locations listed in vitashell are stored on internal system memory, meaning ur0: is always available for the system to load things from no matter what microsd/vita mem card is inserted.
When using the sd2vita/gamesd plugin the microsd is mounted as the ux0: 'drive' instead of the vita memory card.

The sd2vita guides advise you to delete the ux0:tai folder as once you are using an sd2vita, any future guides/processes that advise you to configure ux0:tai/config.txt , you should instead configure ur0:tai/config.txt
Many guides aren't written specifically for sd2vita users so they reference the ux0:tai folder, just use ur0:tai instead.

At boot, taihen looks for ux0:tai/config.txt to know what plugins to load. If it cant be found it looks for ur0:tai/config.txt
As the microsd in the sd2vita isn't available until *after* the gamesd plugin has been loaded, the ux0:tai folder on the microsd cant be used (the system wont see it at boot and you cant load a plugin from a location that isn't available yet).
Taihen will however see the ux0:tai folder on your vita memory card if one exists. We dont want it to use that as we're going to mount the microsd as ux0:, not the vita memory card. So we need to delete the tai folder from the vita memory card.

Now there is no ux0:tai folder, taihen will at boot look to ur0:tai/config.txt, see the 'ur0:/tai.gamesd.sxprx' line and load that plugin (if it exists in ur0:tai) which will then mount the microsd as ux0, giving you the space you crave :)
If you later start using other plugins, ensure that the gamesd line is always the first line under the *KERNEL heading in ur0:tai/config.txt, eg: https://pastebin.com/sZch2yC8

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: Skyhigh_

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks worked

however everything dissapeared from my vita again except the enso boot logo

i restarted it 3 times and my stuff is back, kind of worried since this has happened twice now

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
thanks worked

however everything dissapeared from my vita again except the enso boot logo

i restarted it 3 times and my stuff is back, kind of worried since this has happened twice now

Did it say something similar to 'refreshing the database' at boot? Once its set up and you have things installed to the sd2vita, if the vita cant see the microsd at boot then the orange LED near the vita cart slot wont flash at all while it boots and you'll get a message like that about it updating the database.
I had that issue once, but i just re-inserted the sd2vita and powered the vita back on and its been fine since. If its happening regularly I'd say get a better sd2vita variant.

If instead it is getting stuck at the enso logo itself with the orange LED near the cart slot flashing non-stop, then the vita is partially seeing the sd2vita but not making proper connection. Get a newer sd2vita variant.

The earlier bare-pcb ones, especially the smiley face ones are known for very high failure/problem rates, where they dont make proper connection between the microsd and the vita cart connector.
I'd highly recomend either:
the newest white plastic version: https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&SearchText=sd2vita+5.0
or the black plastic red-text version: https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale-sd2vita.html?SortType=create_desc&g=y&SearchText=sd2vita

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes it did say that

i am using the black with red text which is v3

i did not even know there was a v5

i found more tools online and found out how to do more things with my vita

i hope a good running n64 emulator for the vita( using the actual vita power) comes out because the one for the psp was trash

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you get that message then the vita isnt seeing the sd2vita at all, so hopefully just ejecting and re-inserting the sd2vita and microsd should get it going reliably.
If not then it's almost certainly a faulty sd2vita, I had to get a replacement for a faulty black plastic white text one, thankfully the ali seller was helpful.

I wouldn't say it was trash, it wasn't really playable but was impressive for the power the psp has to offer as an emulation host.
Given 64 emulation is far from brilliant on the more powerful rpi3, and not perfect even on a high end PC, I wouldn't expect one that plays a lot of games on the vita at full speed/without glitches any time soon.

Happy to be proven wrong by a very talented, dedicated and time-rich dev somewhere though :)
I still keep my original console with 64drive flashcart connected to my TV for when I need a 64 fix.

Skyhigh_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got an unexpected problem

I was transferring files from my laptop to my vita , when all of a sudden my laptop decides to die ( battery did not go out , laptop motherboard went dead).
So whatever i was transferring to my vita did not complete

everything seemed fine as i checked that my games loaded and current apps were still working and that even the memory was did not get damaged it seems.

But now i cannot transfer anything at all to my vita , as i get the error picture here

aChMkcF.jpg

anyone know how to solve this?

i think this isn't as uncommon as one would think because technically it can happen if someones laptop runs out of battery, accidentally trips of power cord, power outage , or accidentally yanks the usb cable

i saw the reddit threads on this and the suggestions on them did not work for me
i have to find one of my adapters to see if i can extract the backup vita files from the laptop hard drive since the laptop no longer powers on at all

Last edited by Skyhigh_,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-