Doubt about YAMT

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
It seems many users have this problem after installing YAMT so should I take the risk and replace StorageMgr (installed via AutoPlugin II), which is working fine, with it on my PS Vita and PS TV (both have SD2VITA)? I was told YAMT is the fastest and the most recent but the said problem randomly happens with some users and not with others and it might have to do with some microSD cards.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
It seems many users have this problem after installing YAMT so should I take the risk and replace StorageMgr (installed by AutoPlugin II), which is working fine, with it on my PS Vita and PS TV (both have SD2VITA)? I was told YAMT is the fastest and the most recent but the said problem randomly happens with some users and not with others and it might have to do with some microSD cards.
Well actually I swapped my Vita's microSD with the red & white colored 64GB Samsung Evo microSD card like a month ago. On the internet it says that those are incompatible with YAMT (or they always give that error you're talking about every time you put the Vita to the sleep mode), but I've only got that error probably like 3 times so far. It doesn't ask you to reboot or anything so I just cancel it then continue to my game. Never had an issue that way...

I'd say just try it out and see if it works. You can just switch to StorageMgr anytime you want.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well actually I swapped my Vita's microSD with the red & white colored 64GB Samsung Evo microSD card like a month ago. On the internet it says that those are incompatible with YAMT (or they always give that error you're talking about every time you put the Vita to the sleep mode), but I've only got that error probably like 3 times so far. It doesn't ask you to reboot or anything so I just cancel it then continue to my game. Never had an issue that way...

I'd say just try it out and see if it works. You can just switch to StorageMgr anytime you want.

I think that information is obsolete because it was removed from the official site.

But that error message appearing is precisely the problem, even if it's not asked to reboot the console (I thought it was). I find it odd that this problem hasn't been fixed yet when many users complain about it for years.

Reactions: reha

reha

Long Live the Machine
Trophies
Website
reha.zc.al
XP
Country
Turkey
I think that information is outdated because it was removed from the official site.

But that error occurring is precisely the problem, even if it's not asked to reboot the console (I thought it did). I find it odd this problem hasn't been fixed yet when many users complain about it for years.
You're right. I assume that it has to do something with SD2Vita itself. Someone on r/vita posted a thread the same error, someone commented a solution for it, and it was really mentioned a lot on 6-7 years old threads. If you're still having the issue it's worth a try...

Reactions: Windows_10_User

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You're right. I assume that it has to do something with SD2Vita itself. Someone on r/vita posted a thread the same error, someone commented a solution for it, and it was really mentioned a lot on 6-7 years old threads. If you're still having the issue it's worth a try...

I've yet to try YAMT with SD2VITA but I tried YAMT with an USB flash drive on the PS TV and I had this problem, which is a different one.

@Anderxale said restarting the PS TV is usually enough to reconnect the drive and that I may remove and reinsert it before turning on the PS TV to help and homebrew will be back to LiveArea but like I said, I don't know if that would fix this problem since I didn't try it and what I wanted at the time was a permanent solution, since I didn't want to restart the PS TV every time I had this problem. Anyway, this doesn't matter because I no longer use an USB flash drive on the PS TV but SD2VITA so even if for some reason I use YAMT in the future again, I'll use it with SD2VITA as well.

I won't try YAMT again in both the PS Vita and PS TV (and I won't use an USB flash drive on the PS TV again, even if using StorageMgr) since StorageMgr is working fine, I might have the mentioned problem and I'm tired of having issues and reinstalling things in both consoles.

Reactions: reha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto