Homebrew How "Hackable" is Flipnote Studio 3d?

TiM127

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm no hacker, and someone is probably gonna say everything I say in this post is impossible after the first few minutes of this being up, but Flipnote Studio just really seems "hackable" to me.

I can think of two logical ways FS 3d might be used as an exploit (if it's possible)

1. A primary exploit using the Nintendo DSI library that might/would be triggered by either changing the system's DNS before loading it, or by searching a special hacked Flipnote Studio ID. (Sort of like browserhax)

2. A secondary exploit where an already hacked 3ds wirelessly transfers a hacked flipnote file that when opened on the second 3ds, would open the Homebrew Launcher.

These might be complete bs, but these seem possible to me, and I don't think a FS 3d exploit has been made yet. How ridiculous is this?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot. cause first, to expoit something, you need to make the 3ds crash. if the app ever made the 3ds crash, it MAY be possible to hack it.

No. Don't tell people this. Seriously. This is the sort of thinking that gets others to think "I got it to crash, it can be exploited", when in 98 percent of cases, it's not possible.

Last edited by dubbz82,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
1: If it uses DSi functionality then this would solely lie in TWL, which wouldn't give us a primary exploit.

2: I imagine that there are sanitization checks in place, but then we'd need a malformed note to test this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs