Gaming How EXACTLY Do You Recieve The Purple Pieces For PuzzleSwap?

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
And they are:

- Metroid: Other M
- Mario and Bowser
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
- The Legend of Zelda
- Kirby
- Pikmin
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- Star Fox 64 3D
- Super Mario 3D Land
- Mario Kart 7
- Rhythm Heaven Fever
- Donkey Kong Country Returns
- Pilotwings Resort
- Kid Icarus: Uprising

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe you get purple pieces from playing online with people. I've gotten 0 pieces from all my mk7 online playing and I've played over 4,000 matches

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so obviously, we don't get Purple/Pink Pieces from playing online.

You do only get them from StreetPass Tagging People.

My only question now is:

How do people get Purple/Pink Puzzle Pieces to begin with?

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... my only chance of getting A pink piece, is if it's the first piece I get when I get a new board...

Thanks, Nintendo, for making this whole PuzzleSwap idea fun, but also impossible to finish...

i agree wholeheartedly, i think nintendo thinks that everyone lives in a busy city like tokyo or something, it's hard to get streetpasses, let alone spotpasses, i only get around maximum 3 streetpasses a week and i hardly play online on my 3ds anyway.
3 streetpasses a week is a lot compared to my extremely unsure amount of maybe one per month.
Just saying.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country

My only question now is:

Your first random piece when you got one of the seven new puzzles with the December update is always a pink piece.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

My only question now is:

Your first random piece when you got one of the seven new puzzles with the December update is always a pink piece.

i never got one

its just luck

Nintendo Zones have all puzzles complete, so you can get pieces from them

you also get Nintnedo Zone viewer there :D

i got mine and saved the page

x66x66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, if I drive to my local Best Buy and connect to the Nintendo Zone there I can get a purple puzzle piece?!

vivanlai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the legend of zelda-completed
super mario bros wii-completed
donkey kong country returns- uncompleted (not even halfway!)
There are two more purple pieces puzzles - Star Fox 64 (4 purple), Super mario 3D Land (8 pieces). Its mine. Maybe there is more of them.
And Kid Icarus of 'cos
I Also have Kirby's Dream Land and The Legend of Zelda:Orciana Time of 3D

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Wait, if I drive to my local Best Buy and connect to the Nintendo Zone there I can get a purple puzzle piece?!

I WISH TO KNOW IF THIS IS TRUE, AS WELL!

Same here. Because I've been by one and haven't gotten anything. Unless they updated something.

No you wont
Nintendo Zones are hosted on a DSi XL
so unless you all go to the same best buy and pass another person with one you wont get a spotpass

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so unless you all go to the same best buy and pass another person with one you wont get a spotpass
Does this mean Nintendo Zones can possibly be dumped as DS roms and loaded to a flashcart?
Or maybe not if the Nintendo Zone application is saved as a DSiWare opposed to a cartridge.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Does this mean Nintendo Zones can possibly be dumped as DS roms and loaded to a flashcart?
Or maybe not if the Nintendo Zone application is saved as a DSiWare opposed to a cartridge.

it is a cartridge
but would assume a DSi enchanced so it has better wireless

i posted what info i found out on my blog

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... my only chance of getting A pink piece, is if it's the first piece I get when I get a new board...

Thanks, Nintendo, for making this whole PuzzleSwap idea fun, but also impossible to finish...

i agree wholeheartedly, i think nintendo thinks that everyone lives in a busy city like tokyo or something, it's hard to get streetpasses, let alone spotpasses, i only get around maximum 3 streetpasses a week and i hardly play online on my 3ds anyway.

Well... from what I've seen it only takes one guy to go on a trip or mall usually to spread loads of pieces,my school used to be a deadzone for puzzle pieces but then me and my friend went to Washington DC and got a shitload of streetpasses every hour, then went we got back not only did EVERYONE finish 3 or 4 puzzles in a week but we also got a lot of pinks, you gotta think of it as a virus of some sort, if your staying in one place for long periods you wont spread it, but if you move around even once every 3 or so months your sure to get a lot of people.

mrtimotei

No More Heroes
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well... from what I've seen it only takes one guy to go on a trip or mall usually to spread loads of pieces,my school used to be a deadzone for puzzle pieces but then me and my friend went to Washington DC and got a shitload of streetpasses every hour, then went we got back not only did EVERYONE finish 3 or 4 puzzles in a week but we also got a lot of pinks, you gotta think of it as a virus of some sort, if your staying in one place for long periods you wont spread it, but if you move around even once every 3 or so months your sure to get a lot of people.

But, once again, I don't have the ability to go to other places. I very rarely go to the mall, or anywhere for that matter, because my family has an extremely busy life style, therefore, I can't go to many places. But, like I also said, I do get my driver's liscense in about another year... so I'll be all set when that happens...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag