Hardware How does transferring data to n3ds xl work?

MrColdAshes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if anyone knew if its the same as transferring data between the original 3ds and the original xl. I am planning on buying the n3ds xl and trading in my old 3ds for a $75 credit at gamestop for MH4U n3ds xl. This also brings up another question will gamestop let me transfer my old data to the new 3ds before selling it to them since the offer is only good when trading in the 3ds towards the purchase of a new 3ds xl. Thanks in advanced.

chairsgotoschool

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe it's the same, at least very similar.

also I googled the gamestop thing since I plan on doing the same.

I heard 3 answers the most
1. if the gamestop has wifi (since it's required for the transfer) people have just done it there and all was well.
2. you buy the system, take it home/somewhere do the transfer and bring back your old 3ds and the receipt and they give you the money back
3. you leave collateral (credit card, license) do the transfer somewhere and come back.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can do it on the counter at GameStop, the employees may even be able to help you with it during the trade in and transaction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol