Hacking How does one go about playing Gamecube backups..

MRG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
..on the Wii with ease, I've seen people rip games and edit them to run as a Wii game would run via any ISO booter, so how does one go about doing this for your own backups or is there a special way to run Gamecube backups while they're in ISO format or whatever?

EseHomes

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With WODE you can run them from a usb hard drive. There are cMIOS's that will allow for backup discs to be run from pre-d3-2 wii drives. Other than that, there is no other software way to run GC backups.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MRG said:
I've seen people rip games and edit them to run as a Wii game would run via any ISO booter
Where?!?!?!!

Anyway, you boot Gamecube games by installing a cMIOS and then booting them with a Gamecube Backup Loader (Neogamma can also be used)

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EseHomes said:
With WODE you can run them from a usb hard drive. There are cMIOS's that will allow for backup discs to be run from pre-d3-2 wii drives. Other than that, there is no other software way to run GC backups.

I've tried running them and I have a cIOS but I get errors and such still >.< Like it won't recognize the disc....am I burning the disc wrong or something?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
amberlink said:
EseHomes said:

I've tried running them and I have a cIOS but I get errors and such still >.< Like it won't recognize the disc....am I burning the disc wrong or something?

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
amberlink said:
EseHomes said:

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
amberlink said:
EseHomes said:

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
amberlink said:
EseHomes said:

mafiaman1564

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cIOS stands for Custom IOS, Ioses are what the wii runs off of and basiclly tells the wii what to do (From my understanding could be wrong) The custom means that it has been tampered with (hacked) so that we can do what we want with it and tell it what to tell the wii to do,MIOS is basiclly the wii going into gamecube mode and wii mode gets turned off so anything wii related wont work (usb, wiimotes,etc) Which is why we can't make a usb gamecube loader without a hardware mod or someone would have to rewrite all of MIOS which would be a lot of work.

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mafiaman1564 said:
cIOS stands for Custom IOS, Ioses are what the wii runs off of and basiclly tells the wii what to do (From my understanding could be wrong) The custom means that it has been tampered with (hacked) so that we can do what we want with it and tell it what to tell the wii to do,MIOS is basiclly the wii going into gamecube mode and wii mode gets turned off so anything wii related wont work (usb, wiimotes,etc) Which is why we can't make a usb gamecube loader without a hardware mod or someone would have to rewrite all of MIOS which would be a lot of work.

Oh, that may very well be the issue then, as I updated to allow my wii to play off USB, and thought that was the right thing for gc, how do I go about updating the MIOS then?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amberlink said:
mafiaman1564 said:

Oh, that may very well be the issue then, as I updated to allow my wii to play off USB, and thought that was the right thing for gc, how do I go about updating the MIOS then?

http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/gamecube

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And to be sure I'm burning it right....best way to burn it? Is it normal for the computer to think it's mostly empty after burning?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
amberlink said:
And to be sure I'm burning it right....best way to burn it? Is it normal for the computer to think it's mostly empty after burning?

You can burn multiple gamecube games on one disc. There's a program that does just that but I forgot the name of it. If you burned just one gamecube game, then yes it'll probably be mostly empty. Ahh here it is: http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/useful-tools/multidiscs

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nikolay said:
amberlink said:

You can burn multiple gamecube games on one disc. There's a program that does just that but I forgot the name of it. If you burned just one gamecube game, then yes it'll probably be mostly empty. Ahh here it is: http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/useful-tools/multidiscs

So it should only have like 4 files and say it's using no space?

Nikolay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if it's saying it's using no space then something is obviously wrong. A screenshot would be nice.

amberlink

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salax said:
amberlink said:
Nikolay said:
Well if it's saying it's using no space then something is obviously wrong. A screenshot would be nice.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll241/d...nkq/picofcd.png

0 Bytes used
1KB. And that's because you burned a configuration file for something onto the CD instead of a GC game.

Actually that's not written to the disc, says ready to be written, and I burned it through IMGburn...selected the right iso...and ended up with that...right clicking the disc for info = 0 kb used

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/