How do you update rxtools 2.6 to 3.0?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cooroxd, Feb 2, 2016.

1. cooroxd
    OP

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    I have an old 3ds running sysnand 4.2 and emunand 10.3 with rxtools 2.6. I am using mset too. How do update to rxtools 3.0 and make sure the new 10.5 firmware runs on it after updating?

2. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Download rxTools 3.0 nightly unzip the file and in the folder that is unzipped will have the files you need and an md file open this and it tells you what to do

3. cooroxd
    OP

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    I'm getting a black screen whenever I boot into rxtools.

4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Did you delete the old files that the guide in the md file told you to do did you create the new firm folder that the guide told you to do?

5. cooroxd
    OP

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    ok, i figured it out, i was missing the slot bin file thanks

6. escequi

escequi GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2014
    Brazil
    Osasco, Sao Paulo
    You need to run the .py to generate 3 files for firm folder

7. cooroxd
    OP

cooroxd Dirty Pirate

Banned
    Aug 30, 2014
    Canada
    B.C.
    ok, instead of making a new thread I'm just going to write it here:

I have a japanese monster hunter gore magala 3ds LL with 9.2 firmware (sysnand). I've installed emunand via gateway already but having trouble booting the february rxtools nightlies. How I try to boot it was using the browser and entering the special dukesrg... url; I would get the splash rxtools screen and then freezes up. Also, if i try boot into browserhax for hbl, it doesn't work because of the browser is outdated. Any suggestion on how to get rxtools and hbl running?

ok, i've hold down L, it gets me to rxmenu but whenever I choose boot rxmode in emunand/sysnand, it will freeze up with the "rxmode is booting" screen

Last edited by cooroxd, Feb 3, 2016