How do you "unhack" the PSP 1000

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by sekhu, Jul 18, 2009.

Jul 18, 2009

How do you "unhack" the PSP 1000 by sekhu at 9:01 PM (7,068 Views / 0 Likes) 17 replies

1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I know how to hack the PSP 1000 using apandora battery, but how do you reverse it so it's on stock FW without all the CFW business. Basically there was an attempt to stick a new face plate it on it which went wrong, and now the PSP won't close properly when screwing everything back in. It's been opened and closed like this severazl times, but finally it's decided it's happened too many times. It's coming loose.

So I will be conacting sony to replace it out of warranty which will cost me about £55 for a refurbished one, but I would like to remove the CFW before I send it in.

Thanks in advance

2. Reaper

Member Reaper Tͩ͒ͥ̈́ͧ̓͑̆̂

United States
    My friend downloaded the PSP FW online and just put it in the game folder

3. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    could you clarify that? If I install the Official PSP FW, it will overwrite the CFW and remove all trace of the CFW? Including recovery mode?

thanks

4. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    you can just install normal FW in almost the exact way you installed cfw using a pandora

5. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    there is a 1.50 firmware recovery for M33 firmware incase the PSP ever became bricked
    it would overwrite everything and go back to 1.50 firmware

6. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    @themuddaload - does that mean by installing the OFW the CFW will be gone, overwriting everything?

@Joe88 - could you point me in the direction of the 1.50 firmware recovery pack for the M33 - I found one for the OE CFW at DCEmu

thanks

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    http://rapidshare.com/files/18089811/RECOVERY.zip

8. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    I already have the "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" in recovery mode, do I need to install the recovery.exe thing still?

thanks

EDIT: OK I tried without using the RECOVERY.exe and nothing happened so I'll try it with

9. Skyline969

Member Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Canada
    You may have the option, but do you actually have the file at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP? The program Joe is showing you would install all the necessary files, to ensure that your recovery goes smoothly. If you have the files there already, they may be the ones you need, but just go with Joe's advice and install anyways to ensure they're the right files. [​IMG]

10. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    With a PANDORA and the mem card set up using PANDORA DELUXE software you have the option to add the Original firmwares to the card so when you boot with the PANDORA you can choose install CFW or Original Firmware .... original does what it says on the tin! [​IMG]

Anyway for not much more you could of bought a pre owned PHAT in mint condition from somewhere like Gamestation or C.E.X. for about £65 probably with a game (which you could sell off)

I bought one recently for a mate [​IMG]

11. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    well i just extracted the files, reboopted the psp holding R, went to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP" but then it boots the PSP and says "The Game Could not be Started (8002013C)"

What now. I extracted it to the root of the PSP mem stick

12. Skyline969

Canada
    Hm... did you run the .exe file? That was supposed to copy some files to your memory stick. The .exe file doesn't need to be on your memory stick, the contents it extracts go on the stick, and they will automatically be placed where they need to go.

13. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    yeah i followed the instructions, i double clicked the exe, it then asked me where to extract to and i pointed it to the psp (H:), and it extracted. Before I went to "Run program at /PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP", I tried the option withpout using the recovery.exe and got the same error, and now it happens even with the files extracted.

as I've asked before, I don't feel I'm understanding it, but if I just do an Official FW update from Sony, willit set my PSP to official firmware, removing the CFW and reovery options etc. If that's the case I'll just do an official update (I disabled m33 updating).

advice please?

14. Skyline969

Canada
    Hm... sorry, but there's only so much I can do without actually seeing what I'm doing. [​IMG] I've got no clue about doing an official update to erase the CFW, but for the risk of a full brick I wouldn't do it based on my advice alone. Wait for someone more experienced on here to give you the green light on that.

And as for the recovery not working, that's rather... odd. It should work if installed correctly. A non-booting PBP file sounds like a corrupted one to me. Could you try redownloading the file and trying again? Sorry to sound like a stuck record on that department, but it wouldn't be the first time a (partially) corrupted file impeded someone's progress.

15. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    yeah i just tried again, and it still says the same thing. I shoudl have added that I am on CFW 5.00 M33-6 in case that mattered.

16. nico445

Member nico445 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    yes you can just install a offical update and your cfw will be gone.

17. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    thanks nico I've just done that and I'm now on OFW.

Thanks to everyone else for their advice and patience [​IMG]

18. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    well I guess its too late now but I think you had to change the kernal mode to 5.00