Hacking How do you think 3DS will be hacked?

How do you think it will be hacked?

• Via a flashcart (cheap, fake ones like clone R4s)

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Via a flashcart (acekard, supercard etc.)

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Via the SD card slot

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • Firmware Exploit

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • It will not be hacked!!!

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Mod chips!!! :)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other ways? Please give me your views below!!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I know that this kind of question has been posted a LOT of times... but i have collected many ways of how people think that the 3DS will be hacked and made it into a poll.
Please don't put any nasty comments on this poll too...
smile.gif

Please vote! I want to see what you guys think!

Thanks!
laugh.gif

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you left out mod chip
i have a feeling that the only way to hack it will be modchip or a glitch that few will be able to take advantage of
by the time we know of the glitch and a firmware is released, the glitch would be patched via spotpass
im sure that spot pass runs even when wifi is off
nintendo is getting smarter
i only want homebrew for emulators like n64 and ps1, not pirating
i think we should protest for an official homebrew channel
nintendo would be praised by all gamers to allow others to make programs freely

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
bigpaws said:
you left out mod chip
i have a feeling that the only way to hack it will be modchip or a glitch that few will be able to take advantage of
by the time we know of the glitch and a firmware is released, the glitch would be patched via spotpass
im sure that spot pass runs even when wifi is off
nintendo is getting smarter
i only want homebrew for emulators like n64 and ps1, not pirating
i think we should protest for an official homebrew channel
nintendo would be praised by all gamers to allow others to make programs freely
Added that option in the poll!

Thanks for the contribution!
smile.gif

Anyway, you have got a point about nintendo's way of wiping out piracy.

RNorthex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what the infa port is for?
if the spotpass and streetpass is wireless, then u can turn it off with the switch
source: health and safety:
QUOTE said:
Do not operate the [N] system within [range] of a pacemaker while using the wireless feature
QUOTEOperation of the [N] system when it is NOT in Wireless Mode, may be allowed on aeroplane, in hospitals, and in airports just like any other non-wireless device would be...Operation in these locations may interfere with or cause malfunctions of equipment, with resulting injuries to persons or damage the property.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
RNorthex said:
that's what the infa port is for?
if the spotpass and streetpass is wireless, then u can turn it off with the switch
source: health and safety:
QUOTE said:
Do not operate the [N] system within [range] of a pacemaker while using the wireless feature
QUOTEOperation of the [N] system when it is NOT in Wireless Mode, may be allowed on aeroplane, in hospitals, and in airports just like any other non-wireless device would be...Operation in these locations may interfere with or cause malfunctions of equipment, with resulting injuries to persons or damage the property.
What do you mean by infa port?
smile.gif

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
infared, the things used for remote controls and the thing on the pokemon soulsilver and heartgold carts
for the pokewalker
it allows shortrange wireless comunication

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
QUICK UPDATE!
it appears that most people think that it would be hacked via SD card slot (but how?) or an exploit. Most also want it for free 3DS games and thinks that it will be hacked from 6 months of release till a year (I voted 3 - 6 months
smile.gif
)

Lol I didn't believe someone voted that it will never be hacked, but I don't mind. It's a free world
smile.gif

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In early models, like many platforms, will involve a software mod. Updates will make it difficult to use those exploits when discovered, and model revisions will be done to make it harder. But I'm pretty sure once someone finds out how to trick save data on the 3DS, we'll have homebrew ala PSP and Wii.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I hope it never gets hacked for a few reasons.

1. You pirates have become selfish and demanding over the last few years. Even beyond my comprehension. It would be nice to see you not have your way for once. Much bawwing will be had, and the tears will be delicious.

2. With game piracy, usually comes cheating. With cheating comes apathy for playing online. I don't want to see this with the 3DS

3. Developer support. Devs are most likely to flock to a secure platform, thus granting us delicious third party games for everyone to enjoy.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
TwinRetro said:

1. You pirates have become selfish and demanding over the last few years. Even beyond my comprehension. It would be nice to see you not have your way for once. Much bawwing will be had, and the tears will be delicious.

2. With game piracy, usually comes cheating. With cheating comes apathy for playing online. I don't want to see this with the 3DS

3. Developer support. Devs are most likely to flock to a secure platform, thus granting us delicious third party games for everyone to enjoy.
You have got really good reasons there. Well, I myself buy a few games and download a few to play on my xl. To me, those who download every single game they desire and do not even pay for a single one are seriously selfish. Maybe to you those who download are selfish already, but that is my interpretation of 'selfish'

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
chris888222 said:
TwinRetro said:

You have got really good reasons there. Well, I myself buy a few games and download a few to play on my xl. To me, those who download every single game they desire and do not even pay for a single one are seriously selfish. Maybe to you those who download are selfish already, but that is my interpretation of 'selfish'

I used to be that guy. But even then, in my eyes, it's not that bad...but what really gets me is how time and time again, I see people clamoring for a system to be hacked that isn't even out yet. And I also see people saying shit like "OMG WHY HASNT X GAME BEEN DUMPED YET IM SO PISSED"

Pirate to your hearts content, that's fine. Many of my friends are pirates, but they all have something in common. They are patient, they are thankful for every release they come across, and they certainly won't buy a game system simply for the sake of it being hacked.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I agree with twinretro, I hope it doesn't get hacked, although I do not believe that piracy itself is as harmful as the big companies say it is, I do believe that the threat of piracy is. If you know that it will be easy for someone to pirate your game on system-x, you will be less likely to release a game on that system, which is why we only have crap games coming out on the DS. The developers think they will get less profit, so they don't bother.

I do however, hope that Nintendo will release some sort of homebrew support in the same way Apple have, even if they limit it to a way lower spec than the machine is capable of, similar to Other OS on PS3.
The main console hacking is done in the name of homebrew with no intention of piracy, let homebrewers develop for a system (without it costing them £10,000) and there will be a LOT less piracy.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
chris888222 said:
TwinRetro said:

What about those that have to do this because Nintendo doesn't sell their stuff where they live?

Goofy Time

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
I agree with twinretro, I hope it doesn't get hacked, although I do not believe that piracy itself is as harmful as the big companies say it is, I do believe that the threat of piracy is. If you know that it will be easy for someone to pirate your game on system-x, you will be less likely to release a game on that system, which is why we only have crap games coming out on the DS. The developers think they will get less profit, so they don't bother.

I do however, hope that Nintendo will release some sort of homebrew support in the same way Apple have, even if they limit it to a way lower spec than the machine is capable of, similar to Other OS on PS3.
The main console hacking is done in the name of homebrew with no intention of piracy, let homebrewers develop for a system (without it costing them £10,000) and there will be a LOT less piracy.

I don't think that developers are releasing crap games on the DS because they think they're going to potentially get less money. The most successful systems get a lot of shovelware, especially Nintendo platforms. I think right now most companies are focusing on 3DS titles, hence why that most of the remaining DS titles worth noting are from Nintendo.

And considering how Nintendo has treated the hackers on Wii (who initially notified Nintendo of pirateable exploits which caused Nintendo to harass them) I doubt we'll see that homebrew outlet on 3DS. The only way to get homebrew and a region free device is going to involve hacking it, and I think Nintendo knows they'll be hacked attempts at launch (hence why the online services will not be there at launch, but in May).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
TwinRetro said:
chris888222 said:
TwinRetro said:

I used to be that guy. But even then, in my eyes, it's not that bad...but what really gets me is how time and time again, I see people clamoring for a system to be hacked that isn't even out yet. And I also see people saying shit like "OMG WHY HASNT X GAME BEEN DUMPED YET IM SO PISSED"

Pirate to your hearts content, that's fine. Many of my friends are pirates, but they all have something in common. They are patient, they are thankful for every release they come across, and they certainly won't buy a game system simply for the sake of it being hacked.
That is true. I totally agree.

Anyway this poll is made not because I am itching for the 3DS to be quickly hacked, these are just predictions IMO. (which to some is pointless as they want to see the true facts when the real deal is out).
smile.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
bowser said:
chris888222 said:
TwinRetro said:

What about those that have to do this because Nintendo doesn't sell their stuff where they live?
OH... I'm sorry! Didn't know about that. My bad, let me rephrase.

To me, those who download every single game without paying for any one when games are readily available in their country are extremely selfish.

Sorry again
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5