Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a very troubled sleeper and have found reading really helps. It relaxes my mind and after a few chapters I'm out. I don't recommend tv, pc, or anything electronic before bed. I find that when I play games before bed, my head is throbbing.

Hopefully this helps :)

Tom

Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason, I sleep at the other end of my bed when I can't sleep and I fall asleep . Who knows

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh

Yeah, no.

Ive tried those and all they do is speed up my heart rate, cause hallucinations, make me hear voices and sh*t that isn't there. Ends up making me stay up longer.

There's really nothing you can do. Just lay there, and try to have blank emotions so you somewhat rest your body.
You might have a bigger problem if those are your reactions to it.

I doubt it. It's probably because my family has a weird history with genetic experiments

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was actually going to create this thread a few days ago because I have devised a very clever way of falling asleep. It's more of a mind exercise than anything but I always fall asleep. It's self inducing dreaming.

When you are in a dark room and you close your eyes, most people see pictures. After enough mastering of the mind, these pictures can be semi-ly controlled. What I mean by that, you can manipulate pictures but if you stop directing your mindset towards making the pictures do anything, they get out of control. The pictures lack color, they are more outlines at this stage.

For mind workouts, try to make the pictures disappear and make them never return. Try feeling the darkness with nothing but darkness... After some practice, you will delve into a deeper part of the mind that I believe the average cannot do.

Once you have mastered this, you can then manipulate these pictures to have a lot more detail. Even things like color can be added.

After enough mastering, come up with a scenario (for example, with me... I have a story which has no details filled in, just the basic plot points of: Girlfriend cheats on me, run into a realm of madness, participate in mind experiments, go against the world)...
With this scenario, I manipulate vivid images to play as a movie of the plot pattern. I usually come up with the details on the spot and before I know it I am asleep.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
See what use to put me sleep, was me turning on the first Toy Story movie, and I would fall asleep to that no problem at all. I know that movie off by heart and know every line. I never get tired of it. Hell it worked the other night. But last night would not work. These are the things I tried last night:

- Used different pillows and blankets.
- Turned movie on, didn't work.
- Turned Simpsons on (usually works), but didn't work.
- Tried laying on the couch
- Slept in a different bed
- Turned fans on and off
- Opened windows and closed them
- Turned Zelda Symphony on
- Turned off all computers and lights in my room.
- And yes, rubbed one out too

I tried everything but nothing work. I've been up for 27 hours now, and I don't want to sleep yet as I know I'll be up all night again. So I'm going to try and play through some Borderlands 2 until at least 9 or something.

Reactions: 1 person

ouch123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and insomnia have been buddies for a long time. There is the whole meditation thing, where you just try not to think about anything, but that doesn't always work for a number of reasons. I'd say that if you want to make sure you can get to sleep later at night (i.e, when it's still daytime), just do a lot of cardio. For me, running a few miles almost guarantees I'll be tired enough to sleep at night. The main thing is making sure you're actually tired when you try to go to sleep, as that's a fairly large issue many insomniacs have.

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See what use to put me sleep, was me turning on the first Toy Story movie, and I would fall asleep to that no problem at all. I know that movie off by heart and know every line. I never get tired of it. Hell it worked the other night. But last night would not work. These are the things I tried last night:

- Used different pillows and blankets.
- Turned movie on, didn't work.
- Turned Simpsons on (usually works), but didn't work.
- Tried laying on the couch
- Slept in a different bed
- Turned fans on and off
- Opened windows and closed them
- Turned Zelda Symphony on
- Turned off all computers and lights in my room.
- And yes, rubbed one out too

I tried everything but nothing work. I've been up for 27 hours now, and I don't want to sleep yet as I know I'll be up all night again. So I'm going to try and play through some Borderlands 2 until at least 9 or something.
Maybe your trying too many things.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I set a rain sound app open on my computer over my stereo or my tablet. I have mild tinnitus so having some sort of white noise really helps me go to sleep quicker, but rain, especially when natural, is super soothing to me. The best part is once you get tired enough having any sort of rain generation app will round real after a few minutes of having your eyes shut, and when you wake up, chances are you will think it's actually real, despite knowing it isn't.

Edit - for the record, rainymood.com on the computer (or tablet even, screen has to stay awake though), on my android tablet I have the "Mood Rain" app though. I'm sure there's better android ones out there but for the computer, rainymood.com is about as good as it gets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: rofl