Hacking How do you set PastaCFW with gateway?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not sure you can without a physical copy of CN (or a Sky3DS)
If you used the right version of the launcher.dat (one of the 2.x Omega ones), if you have a 4.x sysNAND, and if you boot into sysNAND and not emuNAND before loading CN from the GW cart, then it MIGHT work. But that's a lot of ifs.

gigio2000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
>4.x Sysnand
check
>sysNAND and not emuNAND before loading CN from the GW cart
Before you even have a Emunand formatted doesn't it boot directly into Sysnand, using the Browser exploit?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
>4.x Sysnand
check
>sysNAND and not emuNAND before loading CN from the GW cart
Before you even have a Emunand formatted doesn't it boot directly into Sysnand, using the Browser exploit?

Yeah. And using GW 2.x is important because 3.x includes FIRM where the needed exploits are patched. Not only that, but the FIRM version needs to be one compatible with PastaCFW too (which is limited to FIRM from 4.1-4.5, 8.x and 9.x)

The following combinations might work:
GW 2.0-2.2 (any of them) with 4.x sysNAND
GW 2.3 with emuNAND 8.1
GW 2.4-2.6 (any of them) with emuNAND 9.2
Any higher version won't work (exploits are patched in GW's FIRM). For that reason, sysNAND higher than 4.x won't work (since higher firmware support wasn't added until 3.0)

I would try GW 2.0-2.2, but start with 2.2. Seems logical that running it on sysNAND has the highest chance of working.
Don't use any lower version than 2.0 final though. 2.0b1 and 2.0b2 had the 3DS bricking bug. Any lower version simply won't work because they're missing MultiROM support.

It might actually not matter which emuNAND version you use, as long as it's one compatible with those GW versions. PastaCFW isn't going to be using the emuNAND anyway. This is uncharted territory so other combinations than what I suggested might work, or maybe nothing works at all.

Reactions: Loaffy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Nigeria's central bank did make crypto illegal before, until last year they lifted the ban. Always make sure to check before you exchange. ;)
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, speaking of crypto i remember reading about a guy who spend like 10 grand bitcoin on a couple pizzas (when bitcoin wasnt as worthy as nowadays)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's mental. If he had saved up when Bitcoin sky-rocketed in price, then he might've become the next Jeff Bezos for all I know.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, he couldnt know the price was gonna skyrocket anyway
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Then it dropped sometime in 2022, 2021 was when it really went up in price.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also recall watching a video of some failed games with their own crypto currency or smth like that, lemme link it to you (it's in spanish tho)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I remember that. Didn't Steam ban games with NFTs before somehow devs managed to circumvent it? Think EA tried to dabble in NFTs too.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Glad to hear people realise that NFTs aren't worth it these days. They realise that they're JPEGs hosted on a file-hosting site like AWS or Google Drive.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Atleast it has captions
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Meta also tried to create their own crypto, but that fell through.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Was called Libra, they had around 100 employees and wanted to hire more near to end of the year.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, idk why facebook tried to do that metaverse thing if mmo games already existed before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    And Yea I refuse to call it meta
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, I refuse to call it Meta, too. It's a stupid name.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, then why did you call it like that a minute ago?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I don't get why Facebook ever wanted to dabble into virtual reality, when other companies were doing it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Just to emphasize on what I mean.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, If women bug you, find a man instead lol.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    investors expect crazy profits regardless of the methods to achieve it. so ceo's gotta get creative
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Isn't that like every corporation?
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, thats what @AncientBoi did (although he probably liked men from the beggining)
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, (for now)
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i thought he swung every way
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: i thought he swung every way