1. miss_nakano

OP miss_nakano GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Its been a while since I played my switch. I've just updated the firmware, ams, hekate, etc to the latest version by doing fresh install(deleted almost all old config files). For some reason, when I reboot to payloads, the switch seems to reboot to ams immediately whereas before I did these fresh updates, it would reboot me to hekate menu(which is what I want). How do you set reboot to payloads to hekate instead of ams?

Its been a while.. how have mariko, lite and ipatched hacking scenes progressed? Can these be hacked easily now? or is the unpatched switch still the best switch for hacking purpose?

Thanks!

2. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    In the atmosphere folder, there is a file called reboot_payload.bin. Delete it and replace with the latest hekate payload (hekate_ctcaer_5.3.2.bin), and rename that as reboot_payload.bin. Problem solved.
    Unpatched Switch still the best. The others need a modchip installed.

scandal_uk and miss_nakano like this.
  3. miss_nakano

Australia
    Thanks for your help! Didnt know about that perhaps it was kosmos that did it for me before. I see that unpatched is still the best..I'd hope to buy another switch(mariko for the better battery) as back up because I fear that my unpatched will become rare. Using Modchip.. is it hard mod? Is it expensive? Will it force you to use sx os?

Thanks again.

4. Dust2dust

Dust2dust GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Head to Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips
    Lots of threads about it. Mariko and Lite need to run SXOS. Old patched Switch can run Atmosphere with the modchip, from what I read.

miss_nakano likes this.
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    A patched Switch on 4.1 that has never connected to the internet can run CFW without a modchip. All other patched systems, Mariko units, and Lites require a modchip.

miss_nakano likes this.
  6. miss_nakano

Australia
    Thanks guys for the consoles infos. Mariko or ipatched?such dilemma! Perhaps I can find another unpatched but very doubtful about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, several, reboot