Hacking How do you protect you DS?

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use no covers or skins or armor. No screen protector. Sometimes it looks like there's a scratch on my screen but it usually can be cleaned off
tongue.gif

I don't play carefully with my stylus and it surprises me nothing has been scratched. Some people seem so paranoid about it. I've got a launch day phat DS

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have an officially licensed case but I don't use it now, since I never take it anywhere and its getting on now (launch system).
Never used a screen protector, didn't see the point. I am careful with my stuff.

BakuFunn

Flameproof.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joytech Lite case, Hori screens, hori button and outside protector, and for my phat (launch day) I have a skin, barbed wire. Covers all of ds, screen protectors from pelican.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mainly, I got that case for the extended side handles, but I don't actually extend them, they are good enough without being extended. It drastically reduced the hand-cramps I got when playing for any length of time without them. Yeah, it makes it a lot bigger, but it still fits in a jacket pocket. I NEVER put my DS in my pants pockets. I'm double jointed in the hips and as such I tend to sit in odd-for-a-guy positions quite often.

The skin was just because I liked it. It was the same one I had on my old DS phat.

I generally don't take my DS anywhere. Maybe to a friend's house occasionally, otherwise it stays home, so the size of the unit is umimportant.

Grimalkin

Waaaaaaaah!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I cased mine up in an airtight bubble. And I have to use robot controlled arms to play with it.

I use Hori Screen Protectors and the Official DS Case.

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a HORI protector for my DS it was OK
I bought a DS for My GF and bought her a pelican screen protector. It was soo much clearer and better. So I scrapped my $8 HORI and bought a $3 Pelican. Both her and my screen you cant even tell its there. And it makes the touch screen slicker for better gameplay.

Plus I have a glow-in-the-dark silocon case, and it doesnt collect dust. It's comfy in my hands. Plus i can find it at night.

img3184bmediumrq8.jpg

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The DS lite itself isn't protected. But I store it in a case. Its still looks as good as when I bought it. Only I play on the DS, that's why its still in such good condition. I can't understand how people get the screens scratched or even the back of the DS.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Eyedunno

Trophies
XP
Country
I have screen protectors, and I don't remember or care what brand they are, and I use a generic padded zippered pouch that doesn't fit it snugly, but has the advantage of having two big pockets, so I can store probably 3-4 DS games IN single-card protective cases PLUS a GBA game or two (or, as is more often the case, my SuperCard SD).

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Joytech clear case (similar to the Mad Catz ones) and Mad Catz screen protector on my touch screen. Using an SF Waterfield Case for my DS Lite too.
biggrin.gif

seracrux

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm using a polycarbonate case with silicon insert (white) on a black DS lite, screen protectors (forgot what brand, not HORI)
and a hard case

I'll look up the brand names and try to post pics when I get home

robi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
just a basic faux-leather pouch from intec that is technically for the DS, not the DS Lite, but it still works great. it's bare if I'm just keeping it in my pocket however.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging