Hacking How do you play with the touchscreen?

question

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I never really needed the touchscreen before when I played just a few times in caslevania, but now I actually bought mario 3-3 and I dont really like the stylus pen, I should have three hands to use it well, I cant hold the ds with one hand...

So how are you playing these games? with your thumb, stylus pen or with the wristband? I have a really hard time getting the right feel so I could use a few suggestions
smile.gif

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know which you have, the phat or the lite (probably the phat since you're talking about playing with your thumb.) I've got the lite, play with the stylus, and hold the ds like I'm trying to read a phone number off the palm of my hand. My index finger rests beautifully in the little rectangle indentation in the lid, and my thumb just covers the inside left edge of the ds' top fold. My ring & pinky fingers support the bottom. Feels so good...

I was pretty unimpressed with the DS phat, but love the lite. My best friend prefers the phat, maybe because his hands are a lot bigger than mine.

Some people will guide you to a replacement stylus no doubt. If you're having a hard time with the one that's built-in, something with a bit more heft could be the way to go.

slightlyaskew

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The annoying thing is that on the JP version of Mario Hoops you could change the controls to standard d-pad & 4 buttons. It was great.

Unfortunately, that feature seems to have been removed from the US release. I hate the stylu controls as I usually play DS on a Train and its tricky to play action games with a stylus comfortably... :'(

FSSimon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's really up to your personnal taste. Just make sure to avoid negative wrist angles so you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome.
I like to lay my ds on a table when I play stylus games. With games that also require button action like MPH, I lay the DS on a book so that there is space for my hand to confortably reach the button and trigger without having to lift the weight of the DS.

question

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the phat one
frown.gif
cant really find a good solution, take it to dinner? damn I must be better looking than you, All I have to ask is "are you free?"
wink.gif

EDIT: Yeah I guess I can put it on the table, but for some reason I cant enjoy the game to it's full extent, dont ask me why? feels awkward, shit I guess I can return the game. I will try to get it though,

How do you play metroid, is that on a table aswell with the stylus? I played the demo and I used the wristband though my thumb almost fell of after a while as someone stated before...

xlinkinpakx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The annoying thing is that on the JP version of Mario Hoops you could change the controls to standard d-pad & 4 buttons. It was great.

Unfortunately, that feature seems to have been removed from the US release. I hate the stylu controls as I usually play DS on a Train and its tricky to play action games with a stylus comfortably... :'(

That is not true, while playing press pause and look at help button and ull see it
smile.gif
but i dont like using it....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm