How do you play with the touchscreen?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by question, Sep 18, 2006.

Sep 18, 2006
  1. question
    OP

Newcomer question Member

I never really needed the touchscreen before when I played just a few times in caslevania, but now I actually bought mario 3-3 and I dont really like the stylus pen, I should have three hands to use it well, I cant hold the ds with one hand...

So how are you playing these games? with your thumb, stylus pen or with the wristband? I have a really hard time getting the right feel so I could use a few suggestions [​IMG]

2. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    I don't know which you have, the phat or the lite (probably the phat since you're talking about playing with your thumb.) I've got the lite, play with the stylus, and hold the ds like I'm trying to read a phone number off the palm of my hand. My index finger rests beautifully in the little rectangle indentation in the lid, and my thumb just covers the inside left edge of the ds' top fold. My ring & pinky fingers support the bottom. Feels so good...

I was pretty unimpressed with the DS phat, but love the lite. My best friend prefers the phat, maybe because his hands are a lot bigger than mine.

Some people will guide you to a replacement stylus no doubt. If you're having a hard time with the one that's built-in, something with a bit more heft could be the way to go.

3. slightlyaskew

Member slightlyaskew GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The annoying thing is that on the JP version of Mario Hoops you could change the controls to standard d-pad & 4 buttons. It was great.

Unfortunately, that feature seems to have been removed from the US release. I hate the stylu controls as I usually play DS on a Train and its tricky to play action games with a stylus comfortably... :'(

4. omegatr0n

Member omegatr0n GBAtemp Regular

in order to play withthe touch screen you have to take it to dinner first

5. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    It's really up to your personnal taste. Just make sure to avoid negative wrist angles so you don't get carpal tunnel syndrome.
    I like to lay my ds on a table when I play stylus games. With games that also require button action like MPH, I lay the DS on a book so that there is space for my hand to confortably reach the button and trigger without having to lift the weight of the DS.

6. question
    OP

Newcomer question Member

I have the phat one [​IMG] cant really find a good solution, take it to dinner? damn I must be better looking than you, All I have to ask is "are you free?" [​IMG]

EDIT: Yeah I guess I can put it on the table, but for some reason I cant enjoy the game to it's full extent, dont ask me why? feels awkward, shit I guess I can return the game. I will try to get it though,

How do you play metroid, is that on a table aswell with the stylus? I played the demo and I used the wristband though my thumb almost fell of after a while as someone stated before...

7. xlinkinpakx

Member xlinkinpakx GBAtemp Regular

Canada

That is not true, while playing press pause and look at help button and ull see it [​IMG] but i dont like using it....

8. IxthusTiger

Member IxthusTiger Cruddy's Buddy

United States
    How do u shot web?

9. Deaddy

Member Deaddy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I tried this game. The controls are too crazy, I don't want to play it anymore.

10. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    its best to put the ds on your knee or lap. thats how i play [​IMG]

11. orangedrink

Newcomer orangedrink Member

United States
    i hold the ds with both hand and use my PENIS as the stylus. fun!!

12. raaamesh

Newcomer raaamesh Member

United Kingdom