Gaming How do you play PSP Revolution?

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've put the files in the GAME150 folders and renamed the folders from what I found in an another thread. However, when I try to start it up, it goes to the psp logo, black screen, and then quits giving the error that it couldn't start the game. So how do I get PSPR working?

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Try putting it in the GAME folder, it won't work in the GAME150 for me.
Are you using 5.00 M33-6 or something else btw?

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It says "Deze game kan niet worden gestart. (8002014C)", which is in English, if I'm correct, "This game can not be started. (8002014C)"

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hold R when starting your PSP, go to Settings somewhere and check what Homebrew folder or whatever it is saying. If it's at 1.5X something, press X to change it to 5.00/5XX or what it's called.

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mkay, tried it, and it seems it was already at 5.xx. I changed it to 1.50, but it didn't work. I changed it back to 5.xx, but didn't work either. I've tried both homebrew folders by placing the game in the GAME folder first, then the GAME150 folder. Both folders don't work on either 5.xx and 1.50 homebrew channel.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
That's really strange... And in that PSPR folder there's the EBOOT-file?
If you don't have any songs in your songs folder, try adding a few, maybe it can't start without them, I don't remember.

Also remember that it should look like this:

/Songs/Izzy/Cartoon Heroes

So first create a folder in the Songs-folder, then add a song-folder in that folder.
If that dosen't work, I'll take a look at my PSP... ;S

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, there is an EBOOT file in both the PSPR and PSPR% folders, and there are songs in the songs folder. So yeah.....

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
You can both start the game? I read in the first post that you can start the game, the screen goes black, and then back to XMB? You don't get the Corrupted file or something?
Anyway, I've uploaded my version of the game (V 0.3), which I've fix'd and added to my friend's PSP's. So if that won't work, there must be something in the options that's wrong. :S

http://izzysm.mine.nu/Random%20Files/PSPR.rar

My website is a little slow, but it's on my own computer and 1 Mbit/s is 1 Mbit/s... ;P
Either way, it shouldn't take that much time.
smile.gif

See if that works out.

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
I can see that I've got 4 downloads, so I guess atleast you two guys downloaded it.

So... Did it work? ;P

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I downloaded it during school. But I didn't had my psp with me, so I couldn't test it.
But anyway, I've tested it, and it works! I don't know why the files I downloaded didn't work, but yours works! Thanks a lot Izzy!

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Sure np. =)
This was Version 3 if I remembered right, but both Version 2 and Version 1 worked like a charm for me a year ago or so... Glad to hear it works! =)

I do miss one thing and I've tried contacting the guy who made it, and that's either the abilitiy to add C-Mods, or atleast more X-Mods. I'm used to playing with C700 up to C800 (Which is playing 200 BPM songs at 3,5X or 4X), and playing everything in 2X is actually extremely hard...

Anyway, I've got tons of StepMania Videos (World Records actually) on my YouTube Acc, check it out if you want. =)

http://www.youtube.com/IzzySM

EDIT: Me and my girlfriend are working on a theme which is pretty much 99 % like the original Default-Theme for StepMania for PC/MAX/Linux is, so keep an eye out for it on my YouTube-account, I will make a video when it's done.
smile.gif

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, I feel your pain, I prefer those DDR-based games a bit faster too.

Also, good luck with the theme. ^^

EDIT: WTF those are some crazy videos! How the hell can you play at such speed? O_O'

Izzy

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot, and I've been playing for about 7 to 8 years now (Pretty much stopped around 2007, and mostly playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band, but it's still fun to play every once in a while)

Please Subscribe btw! ; )

Look at all my 8-Arrowed videos as well, that's IMO the craziest thing I've done.
smile.gif

TheWave

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
7-8 years? No wonder you play that good, I play DDR-based games just a year (and GH 2 years).
And 8-arrows sounds impossible to me, assuming you're playing the same speed as 4-arrowed. O_O'

Also, I've subscribed to your channel.
wink.gif

Yanazake

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Oy! Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but this thing saved me xD
I tried loading the file downloaded from the oficial site, but it didn't worked. This works fine, and now /i just need to find something I saw some years ago, and I can change from ps2 to psp when it comes to ddr xD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill