Hacking How do you play PAL games on NTSC?

Squishy Crayons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NTSC Wii with Gamma Backup Launcher 0.3 installed. All of my NTSC games work just fine (DVD-R TDK brand).

But I have a version a PAL version of Smackdown vs Raw 2009 and it clears on all the compatibility lists.

I did the same as I do with every other game and popped it in the Wii and run Backup Launcher. I got a DVD Error 324. Then I forced NTSC on and same thing happened.

Is it possible to play PAL games on a NTSC Wii yet?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
IIRC, if you use 480p with a component cable, all PAL games that support 480p will work on a NTSC TV.

I'm not that experienced with backup launchers, I have a modchip. That error doesn't sound related to the video output though, if that was the (only) problem, the picture would most likely not display or just display in black and white.

david432111

Trophies
XP
Country
Squishy Crayons said:
I have a NTSC Wii with Gamma Backup Launcher 0.3 installed. All of my NTSC games work just fine (DVD-R TDK brand).

But I have a version a PAL version of Smackdown vs Raw 2009 and it clears on all the compatibility lists.

I did the same as I do with every other game and popped it in the Wii and run Backup Launcher. I got a DVD Error 324. Then I forced NTSC on and same thing happened.

Error 324 means that the disk cannot be read. That could happen because the media is bad or it's a a bad burn not because you can't play pal games.

Is it possible to play PAL games on a NTSC Wii yet?
Yes.

Squishy Crayons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I burned to a DVD-R.

If it is possible to play PAL games on NTSC Wii, what's the process? Is it exactly like burning a NTSC game? Or is there a secret ingredient involved?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If it was a region error you would get a green screen freeze. And this would easily be solved by running the games unpatched without forcing anything.

RedHero

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I found a program on this forum that can make your Wii region free. It was Star... something... I think. I'm not sure (looked around a bit, but couldn't find it anymore). My PAL Wii couldn't read NTSC games before that, but just fine afterwards. I imagine it should be vice versa in your case.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
RedHero said:
I found a program on this forum that can make your Wii region free. It was Star... something... I think. I'm not sure (looked around a bit, but couldn't find it anymore). My PAL Wii couldn't read NTSC games before that, but just fine afterwards. I imagine it should be vice versa in your case.
it's starfall and preloader can do it too. you just have to region free your wii with preloader hacks (but HAVE to be in 3.2!!!)
personnaly i play NTSC-US or J games on my PAL wii (without modchip)

BMasterP

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
jups with starfall/preloader installed you can play out of region games easily, only one ntsc games i have is not supported within the pal region so it will give me black and white screens.(normally my wii wil force pal mode) but your disk error isn't related to the region problems.

Squishy Crayons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your help guys. PAL works perfectly fine *almost* on Gamma 0.3. Turns out it was bad media like David432111 said.

Word of advice: Don't buy TDK DVD-R's (or at least not a large spindle, the bottom 3/4 are all bad, at least for the Wii)

Crayonzrock27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can play most PAL games on my NTSC Wii using backup launcher 0.3 gamma. However, there are some that just will not work. They clear compatibility lists though.

How can I fix this problem:

PAL Version burned to DVD-R... when Forcing NTSC, I get a green screen. ... when I don't force anything, I can see the game but it's a rolling black and white screen.

Any ideas??

Crayonzrock27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I went to download your toy...... this is what I get:

This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times.

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further informatio

Crayonzrock27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind I"m slow..... found a mirror....... SoftChipPatchToyR3

Now I have a couple of folders............ what am I to do now? Forgive me, I'm a mom!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol