How do you organize your game library?

jargus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The sides of my tv cabinet have two shleves which I use for my GC, Wii Ps2 and xbox games. I have a small table for Dreamcast and gc backups. My atari2600 gamea re all in a box. In the lower part of the cabinet has my snes/64 games and wii backups. My PSP and DS games are stacked on my dresser

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
They say picture is worth a thousand words.
HPIM1730.jpg

This post totals 1011 words.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
First everything is organised by generation, then alphabetically by manufacturer and if need be console name. Then alphabetically by title or series but with members of a series in chronological (release not canon) order. If the console has add-ons (say the megadrive with the 32X and megacd) then the games for them are put in their own section at the end of the main consoles games, sorted alphabetically by title or series...

Sounds OTT I know but I have all the computers I have ever owned (baring x86 PC's of course), and have never traded in or sold a game I didn't think was utter crap.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
cwstjdenobs said:
First everything is organised by generation, then alphabetically by manufacturer and if need be console name. Then alphabetically by title or series but with members of a series in chronological (release not canon) order. If the console has add-ons (say the megadrive with the 32X and megacd) then the games for them are put in their own section at the end of the main consoles games, sorted alphabetically by title or series...

Sounds OTT I know but I have all the computers I have ever owned (baring x86 PC's of course), and have never traded in or sold a game I didn't think was utter crap.
That sounds like awesome shit I'd want to see picture of. Sadly my GBA and GBC days went with trading in and selling games so I do not have that, gamecube and PS1 too. I've only now (for about a year) have started rebuying gamecube games I want to save. I try get some PS1 titles but people rip you off with those, oh man...

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
With actual physical games, they're arranged by system. My SNES and N64 libraries are up on the shelf above my TV. My PS2 and Xbox 360 libraries are by their respective systems. My 3DS library is on my other shelf with the 3DS itself. My PSP library only consists of three actual UMDs and they're sat on top of my Xbox. My Gamecube library is actually downstairs right now with the family Wii, as my nephew has developed a liking for several of my games, notably Sonic Adventure 2 and Rogue Leader.

As for downloads, my DS library is currently inactive as I have no way of using my Cyclo DS Evo any more (I sold my DS Lite 'cause it was broken), my PSP games and various emulators are stored on a set of three memory cards, with one of the 4GB's in my system now, the other 4GB and my 1GB spare are sat by my tv along with my spare MicroSD cards for my Cyclo.

At least that's how it's meant to be. I've been a bit preoccupied lately with my new lady friend, so my room's kinda all over the place right now.

DeltaBladeX

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I have a couple of large bookcases for PS2 games, another smaller bookcase for my 360 games, a small bookcase for DS and GBA games plus several special edition boxes. I also have several large boxes in storage for old games I never play anymore like PS1 and Mega Drive.

The PS2 games are sorted by genre then alphabetical, 360 and DS are just alphabetical since my collections for both are smaller, and the GBA games are in a tin where they won't be sorted.

Attached is a blurry mess of a photo taken with my cellphone to give you an idea of how I keep everything.
e5io1t.jpg

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Barely have any physical copies of anything, so whatever I do have is scattered around. My GBA carts have no more boxes (Hey, I was 8 when I owned one) so all of the carts are just arranged in a sort of case thing in order of which I like best to which I will never play. Besides the GBA, I don't really have much physical copies. For the games and ROMS on my PC, organized by system then genre. The majority of my games are free indies anyways, so they're in neat genre folders. Have a ton of those, especially because most of them are 10MB are below and rarely exceed 200MB. Even the prettier ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1