abaddon41_80 said:
Direct downloads, once I have bought the game of course

Yeah... like we all do.
lecture.gif
YES I DO THAT *shifty eyes*

D

Deleted User

Panzer Tacticer said:
I use this rather dashing site, that sort of sorts out all the new roms ya see.

They offer a nice picture of the game so you can better understand what the game is about, rather than going on the basis of the game name, which is usually enigmatic at best. As well as some basic details about the rom like size and who made it etc.

And they use several atypical download services all of which you know the names of already.

But if I'm looking for a rom, and it's more than a month old, it's off to the newsgroup, because why have broadband if I'm not going to exploit the power of it doncha know.

You can always type [game name] torrents into a Google search, but just because you find a torrent, doesn't mean you've found the game. People trust torrents as if they would never be false
smile.gif
HMMMMM...

Artheido

Trophies
Website
artheido.wordpress.com
XP
Country
I go to a site that has 3 download mirrors. When I see a good release, I click on it and then click the second mirror. After the new page has finished loading in the new tab I opened, I would click a green button stating that it's a free download. After a second page I would input the code I see before me in order to proceed. Once I had input the code which consisted of alphanumerical characters I would click the final download link which gives me a pop-up window stating where to download the ROM. I choose the 'dtaoneclick' option inorder to accelerate the download. Once I had done this I simply surf the internet as the file completes its download which is notified by a 'beep'. Once I have heard this 'beep' I would open up the compressed file and look for the ROM or split RAR files and extract them without paying attention to all the other files such as the NFO. And there you have it.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
I use direct downloads from from rapidshare/file factory/megaupload and etc.

torrents: haven't used any for ROMS yet, but I normally get pc games and other large files through them

usenet/etc.: not yet and don't plan to

FTP/IRC fserv: used a few times for ROMS and rarely large files

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you consider a rom is sufficiently small it's nearly impossible to care where it comes from when the point is to comment on speed.

I usually use a newsgroup for LARGE files. Anything under a gig is simply too small to fuss over. Thus a rom, it's like oh my god 50 megs or less in most cases for DS roms. Oh the horror, it might take a full minute
smile.gif

I might actually care about file speed on something like a file sharing type service if the file actually was large enough for it to matter.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get mine from one website... I check a DG site for when they are released, and then a Frozen site from India to download for free...

I didn't actually post the site names, but gave some hints for finding them... as stated, Google is your friend!

vinemese

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a wedsite that list every nds roms to date. EUR US JAP all direct download. I first test out the new game and then " buy " it later

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
Seazn said:
I go to a site that has 3 download mirrors. When I see a good release, I click on it and then click the second mirror. After the new page has finished loading in the new tab I opened, I would click a green button stating that it's a free download. After a second page I would input the code I see before me in order to proceed. Once I had input the code which consisted of alphanumerical characters I would click the final download link which gives me a pop-up window stating where to download the ROM. I choose the 'dtaoneclick' option inorder to accelerate the download. Once I had done this I simply surf the internet as the file completes its download which is notified by a 'beep'. Once I have heard this 'beep' I would open up the compressed file and look for the ROM or split RAR files and extract them without paying attention to all the other files such as the NFO. And there you have it.

Well, paying attention to the .nfo files could sometimes help..
smile.gif

Like reading a manual for a vacuum cleaner. This rom topic is news! (if you get what i mean
wink.gif
)

D

Deleted User

LOL My friend says 'torrents are slow'. So I set up a torrent program at his house, and gave him a torrent of a rom.

(Originally 'sample of a rom', wtf was I on about??? lol)

400KB/S XD

But yeah, if they're small(ish) files (like NDS ROMs) then Direct Downloads are fine, but stuff like big PSP Isos (Crisis Core, shudder) then torrenting away!

D

Deleted User

zidane_genome said:
I get mine from one website... I check a DG site for when they are released, and then a Frozen site from India to download for free...

I didn't actually post the site names, but gave some hints for finding them... as stated, Google is your friend!
BTW The frozen site is dutch
rolleyes.gif

Er, but anyway, GBATemp is faster for rom release information.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk