Homebrew How do you make a forwarder channel?

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
OP
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay I just downloaded gnuboy gx and I'm very happy with it
biggrin.gif
But it doesnt have a forwarder channel...
frown.gif

I looked endlessly on google on how to make one. I kept being misled or sent to old pages that said there was a better way and that to ANOTHER better way and so ON.
Well I got sick of swimming in the endless informational ocean that is google, being thrown from coast to coast, so now I ask here.

I have a Wii (as described in my sig), what would be the best way to make a forwarder channel.
If you could post detailed info as to everything I need I would be grateful.
biggrin.gif

It doesnt have to be super fancy, though Id love it NOT to be a white screen with a title.

On the other hand you could just take this as a request and make it for me... but then I wouldnt learn
frown.gif

Well thanks in advance.
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, you won't like it because it's only text on unicolor background, but you could check :

Simple Forwarder Channel Creator : Tell him the folder name you are using in apps/ and compile a forwarder channel.

You can also check this topic which have a "generic" (non hardcoded path) forwarders : edit a config file on your SD with the path of the boot.dol to launch
You can also find dynamic forwarders channel with different loading path according to the pressed button. (though the paths are hardcoded, you'll have to recompile yourself to add your own emulator name and path).

If you want to compile a channel yourself, you'll need devkitPro with the libOGC version provided by SpaceJump. (You may require an old devkitPPC version too)
You can replace the picture directly on the compilation process.

If you have already have a Wad channel but with a wrong banner (for example you used Simple Forwarder Channel Creator), you can create your own Banner animation.
SifJar tutorial
TurboGraphX ROM injector tutorial (have steps for banner replacement with your own picture).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM4vMLpcX7A