ROM Hack How do you get gateway cheats to work?

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

I have a 3ds xl, running emunand 10.3 with gateway 3.5.1. On the SD card, i have my "cheats" folder containing .txt cheats such as mhx. My problem is, whenever I use new cheats on mhx, i will get a black screen. The way i install the cheat codes is I copy and paste the codes i got from here into the mhx .txt file and then save it. I then boot to emunand, press select, find the mhx game, press y, choose the cheat i want, press start and then boot into game. Afterwards, the game will then freeze with a black screen. The cheat codes I am using are ones I am creating by the mhx coder. So any ideas what I am doing wrong or can you suggest another way to create or get the cheat codes to work?

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you name it 0004000000155400.txt? All the ones that were in @SaagiBols thread work for me except the speed multiplier. That's the only one that I wanted the most and that's the only one that gives me a black screen. Try enabling 1 cheat at a time to see which works and which crashes your game.

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, I use the codes 1 at a time. The new codes I created are the ones giving me problems. I created the codes using mhx coder from the mhx save editor thread

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it says to use codes made with that with cybercodeapply. I don't know what that is, but I think it's something different than the Gateway cheats.

Edit:

It seems like the coder stuff doesn't start the same way as the regular MHX Gateway cheats. All the Gateway cheats start with D3000000 00000000 or start DD000000 00000XXX/end with D0000000 00000000 if there is a button activator. I know it's a bit of a longshot, but try adding D3000000 00000000 to the first line of your codes. That may fix it or it'll most likely do nothing.

Last edited by GameSystem,

dsrules

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, I use the codes 1 at a time. The new codes I created are the ones giving me problems. I created the codes using mhx coder from the mhx save editor thread
so you are trying to use Save editor codes on gw? they are totally two different things

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks alot guys, I got it working now, i had to manually inject the codes i created into my system save file by using that cybercodeapply software. cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help...