How do you game?

mario-box-question-mark.gif

On this relatively quiet week in gaming news, if anything, we could take some time and reflect on our gaming habits. Whether relating to the time you game, the place you do, with what you game or some other particular gaming quirks of yours, it varies from gamer to gamer.

First of all when do you game? In the morning? During the day? At night? Or simply whenever you have free time (does this even exist nowadays…)? While some game for a living, the majority will prefer completing their daily activities before levelling up in their game. We all have a preference for the time we game. For me, it’s mostly in the afternoon and Sunday is my gaming day!

Christmas-Day-Family-Gaming-1063002.jpg

Honestly, this picture is too cliché

Next up, where do you game? That’s something I never paid much attention to until I was going through the games I beat on a particular year. And all games I beat were either on a handheld console or via an emulator on my phone. Someone thought that I did this due to time constraint but really it’s all about the ease of access of handhelds. I’m really lazy to go boot up my TV and load a game through a home console and so prefer the ease to game on the go. But it could be for other reasons. The TV might be in high demand in your household or you might have to fight with your sibling over it. If you travel a lot, it’s easier to carry your handheld around. But for sure a handheld can’t match a beefed up home console in terms of hardware and dedicated games. But don't we wish for a console that works as both handheld and home console *cough* NX *cough*… Is that too far-fetched of a dream?

nqsk58mjluxxoekx7q1l.jpg

Also, do you eat? I mean, other than fulfilling one of the basic physiological human needs (which you shouldn’t neglect or you might end up like this Taiwanese guy), do you snack while you play video games? Hot pockets might be thinking it’s gamers’ staple food, but you might have better (healthier?) alternatives. I remember my friend in high school would have his lunch while playing on his PSP (then just released) and get all the crumbs and grease all over his new console. It wasn’t far from being the most repulsive gaming sight I’ve witnessed. I’d go for roasted and salted peanuts anytime.

Gaming should be a fun and rather relaxing activity. But extended periods of gaming sessions might lead to discomfort. That’s why we have so many accessories to remedy this. Whether improving our gaming experience or our posture while sitting, gaming accessories are not lacking. Suiting your needs, they range from the $13 Sonic knee socks (with quills!) to the $49,150 Emperor 200 gaming chair. Personally, the simple comfort of my bed satisfies me.

game-room.jpg

We all have gaming habits that’s unique to ourselves. It’d be interesting to hear about yours! If you didn't realise you had one, think about it, you'll surely notice one that defines the gamer that you are.

So Tempers, how do you game?

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol i'm 20 and I feel old.
It was the exact opposite to me. I had to get away from my parents if I wanted to save my money.
My parents aren't making me pay rent until my brand new car is paid off. lol So everything related to extra cash and tax refunds are all going into a separate account so I can get out of here as soon my car's paid off. :P

the downside, though, is that you're stuck with your parents. How much value do you place on privacy?

Not too big of a deal with them, honestly. Though that can be pretty surprising for most, unfortunately. Haha I've had friends with extremely strict parents, and it's crazy!

Reactions: VinsCool

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too big of a deal with them, honestly. Though that can be pretty surprising for most, unfortunately. Haha I've had friends with extremely strict parents, and it's crazy!
I'm not talking about them setting rules or snooping into your room or whatever, but just the fact that they're there.

Why hello there, girl, welcome to my Parents' house. Allow me to show you to my room, but try not to moan too loudly because my parents are in the next room.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
@Selim873 you have 3 current gen consoles AND you forget to game? Just joking, it's totally understandable!

Looks like you'll need to have a gaming room in your personal house! :D
In my end, my living room is my gaming room :P

I have shelves full of games, consoles and accessories :yay:

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talking about them setting rules or snooping into your room or whatever, but just the fact that they're there.

Why hello there, girl, welcome to my Parents' house. Allow me to show you to my room, but try not to moan too loudly because my parents are in the next room.
Here, take my like!

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Apartments aren't that much better on that front. Though, I'll stick to my crappy apartment rather than moving back in with either of my parents.

Reactions: VinsCool

irvinscastle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My parents aren't making me pay rent until my brand new car is paid off. lol So everything related to extra cash and tax refunds are all going into a separate account so I can get out of here as soon my car's paid off. :P

lol im in the same exact boat, almost there!

Reactions: Selim873

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before