How do you find Japanese wikis?

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Verrannicus, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Verrannicus
    OP

Verrannicus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2014
    Canada
    I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I couldn't find one that seemed a better fit and given all of the translators on the board I thought this was a decent place to ask.

I can understand enough Japanese in games to get by after playing them for years and picking up the bare basics, but for some games like RPGs the systems can be a bit complicated. I'm looking to run through some of the lesser known PSP RPGs for my youtube channel (Having already done most of the Super Robot Taisen's among others) and I've found that having the JP wiki on hand makes for a much more "complete" playthrough. Problem is, the only time I can ever find one of these wikis is when they're linked on another website like Gamefaqs.

Is there some way that I can search for these wikis? I don't really understand how to find them with search engines that only return English results.

2. Blebleman

Blebleman GBAtemp Old-Timer

Nov 14, 2003
    Canada
    Chiba Prefecture , Japan

[gamename] + 攻略 (kouryaku) on Google.

3. Kelebek

Kelebek GBAtemp Regular

May 25, 2012
    You can use 攻略, but "wiki" in English works too, as well as ウィキ. You can also add specific sites to your search too, like atwiki or wikinavi, those are the 2 biggest in my experience (for game-guide type stuff). You could go to those sites directly and search the game name as well, but Google would cast a wider net of course.

4. Verrannicus
    OP

Verrannicus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2014
    Canada
    Hmm, see, I've tried using 'wiki' and I don't think I've ever had a Japanese site pop up as a result.

5. Lyctus

Lyctus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Canada
    You sure the game name is in Japanese? For example typing "戦律のストラタス wiki" in google would without fail give you links to the Senritsu no Stratus Japanese wikis.

6. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    攻略 also used in Chinese mandarin (with the same meaning). So, you might need to include jp game names to go along with it.

7. Verrannicus
    OP

Verrannicus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2014
    Canada
    I'm clearly inept at this + google translate doesn't seem to like my broweser, so maybe one of you more savvy folks could help me out. I'd be glad to give you a shout out or link to your blog/channel on my youtube channel. I'm looking for guides on the following games that can be/have been run through Google translate or something similar, and any help would be appreciated:

7th Dragon 2020
    7th Dragon 2020-II
    Agarest Senki Marriage
    Blaze Union
    Coded Soul
    Conception: Ore no Kodomo o Unde Kure!!
    Criminal Girls
    The Danball Senki series
    Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu: Legendary Saga
    Eien no Aseria: Kono Daichi no Hate de
    Fairy Tail: Portable Guild 1 + 2
    Frontier Gate Boost+
    Genso Suikoden: Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki
    God Eater
    God Eater 2
    God Eater Burst
    Gungnir
    Heroes Phantasia
    Judie no Atelier: Gramnad no Renkinjutsushi - Toraware no Mamoribito
    Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE: Cosmic Drive
    Kidou Senshi Gundam AGE: Universe Accel
    Kingdom of Paradise 2
    Lost Heroes
    Nayuta no Kiseki
    Nendoroid Generation
    Neo Angelique Special
    One Piece: Romance Dawn
    Princess Crown
    Rezel Cross
    Saigo no Yakusoku no Monogatari
    Shin Ken to Mahou to Gakuen Mono.: Toki no Gakuen
    Shining Blade
    Shining Hearts
    Tegami Bachi: Kokoro Tsumugu Mono e
    Tengai Makyou
    To Heart 2: Dungeon Travelers

I realize it's a lot to ask for, but I'm asking anyway. And who knows, maybe there are others out there that could beenfit from us gathering together the wikis for these games too. Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who helps. =)

8. Lyctus

Lyctus Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2015
    Canada
    I can help you with GE2 at least, I've had it in my bookmark since forever; http://www16.atwiki.jp/godeater2/

Should work fine with google translate, currently don't have time to look for anything else though, sorry.

9. Verrannicus
    OP

Verrannicus Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2014
    Canada
    Hey, you took the time for that one and it's more than I could have asked for. Thanks a bunch. Hopefully we get more folks in here soon.