Do you know about these wikis?

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I remember seeing some websites called "crappy games wiki" and "awesome games wiki" that had versions for other media like movies, tv and web shows, and books, and i cant find them anymore, tough i remember that their articles were kinda... weird. I remember that in their rayman 2 article in awesome games wiki they literally praised the frickin LEDGE GRABBING, and that they overhated that was in their "average" category and overpraised something in their "decent" category

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never heard of them and a casual search did not have much jump out at me (several people have a wiki titled awesome games) but wiki software was second only to blogging software about 10 years ago when it came to people making websites for themselves.

If you can find a link you wrote on a forum post, your own blog, social meeja, email or whatever you have that goes back to then you might try loading it in https://archive.org/web/

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Last edited by Xdqwerty,
Reactions: SylverReZ

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
I remember this back when it wasn't archived. For some reason, these Wikis for notorious for some reason. I'm actually friends with someone who stopped working for the wiki due to those reasons. I forgot why they were bad, but honestly it's best to forget about their existence.

All I know is that they were hurting the reputation of Miraheze, the wiki hosting site that the main wiki was using

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Xdqwerty

Im bored (he/she/they)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Thank you. I don't understand how and why they have made a new wiki.
i think they made a new wiki bc the original was deleted bc miraheze was getting a bad reputation or something like that
Post automatically merged:

and their character wikis are still alive btw

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
i think they made a new wiki bc the original was deleted bc miraheze was getting a bad reputation or something like that
Post automatically merged:

and their character wikis are still alive btw

From what my friend has said, it was giving Miraheze a bad rep. Thankfully it doesn't seem that way anymore...? 7

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol