PS1/2 How do you compress 3 ps1 games into 1 cd?

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at this bootleg 3 in 1 Collection:

3+in+1+Toy+Story+(Buzz+Lightyear,+Toy+Story+2,+Toy+Story+Racer).jpg

This is the type of screen you would get upon boot:
Dragon+Ball+Trilogy3.jpg

My question is, how would you put 3 500- 700mb games onto 1 disc?? Is there a certain tool??

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I highly doubt each game is anywhere near 500-700mb AFTER dummy data and padding is removed.

DBZ is 52mb dl (zipped)

It's probably just a custom basic binary selector, choose which bin, and launch.

Download/RIP any 3-in-1 you can find and examine the structure. Swap other games in/out and I bet you can hex edit the selector to change the names.

Last edited by KiiWii,
Reactions: E1ite007

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly doubt each game is anywhere near 500-700mb AFTER dummy data and padding is removed.

DBZ is 52mb dl (zipped)

It's probably just a custom basic binary selector, choose which bin, and launch.

Download/RIP any 3-in-1 you can find and examine the structure. Swap other games in/out and I bet you can hex edit the selector to change the names.

Someone has uploaded a Dragonball 3 in 1. I'll burn it to a CD/Virtual Drive to see the contents of the iso.

Reactions: KiiWii

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I'll burn it to a CD/Virtual Drive to see the contents of the iso.
Most archive managers (like 7-Zip) can open ISO files directly. You don't have to burn it first.

Reactions: nxwing

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember the 3-in-one games, I had one that combined Crash, Crash 2, and Crash 3 onto one disc so i could play it on my PSP as the ISO was smaller than just Crash itself due to dummy data being absent.

DaFixer

Dare to be stupid
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I remember those disc's from back off the day.
I think they rip most off the CDDA music (just normal audio tracks), replace movies with dummy files to save space.
Little the same thing as those Twilight warez cd's ;)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember those disc's from back off the day.
I think they rip most off the CDDA music (just normal audio tracks), replace movies with dummy files to save space.
Little the same thing as those Twilight warez cd's ;)

Well, the Crash multi disc managed to not do that. I am not a fan of rips like some are but it is nice to have multi-game discs where all the content is there.

nine0nine

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
a quick google reveals that toy story racer iso is 122meg, presuming the others are similarly sized you can fit them all on a disk easily, without any compression.

Back in the xbox days it was really easy to take the game files from a game iso and build a disk with 3 or more games on, some budget games were less than a few hundred meg, and often games had video files on the disk multiple times in different languages which could be deleted without a problem if you never changed the language setting on your machine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's possible, but it's complicated. the problem is the lba. I'm not sure if they're ps1 or 2 games, but I have cubic lode runner and ultraman on one disc, and it was a pita. I've seen up to 10 games on a disc. I think I still have the photo of this:

DSC06357.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1