Gaming How do you backup Xbox360 games?

Farami9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend is convinced that you can simply backup 360 games through an simple burning progarm like clone CD or nero and then burn the ISO to a double layer DVD. I am about about 97% that sure that this would not work but he tells his friend (who I dont know) does it and that it is also on youtube (someone doing it)... I cant find it on youtube but it maybe it was there but was taken down...

Marxian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately it's not as simple as that. There are a couple of different methods available but I personally use wxripper to extract the game data. You then need to get the security sector. You can extract this ffrom the original game disc but I find it unreliable and thus prefer to download them.
The next step is to merge the game data and security sector using SS Merger.
Finally, you then burn the .DVD file using Imgburn or Clone CD.

To be honest I find it easier to download the complete backup and just burn it using Imgburn.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
[smartass mode on]
This is how you actually backup 360 disks...
[/smartass mode off]
laugh.gif

Even xbox games required an xbox or a specially hacked drive to dump the games, and a method to use them once you have burnt them using one of those methods. It certainly isn't any simpler on a 360.

slayerspud

Trophies
XP
Country
You either need the correct dvd drive in your PC ( Can't remember the name).
Or you need to flash your 360 with enable0800 or something like that, connect it to your pc and run xbox backup creator, though you can only do this with a MS-25 / MS-28. Much easier to download them IMO.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need a certain drive to back them up (I can't remember which either), then you need to install hacked firmware on it. Its more hastle than its worth, so like everyone else says, just download them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok